Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Broke down last night. No fuel pressure!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Taffy_CS

Taffy_CS

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze CS
  • Interests:BTCC, WTCC, DTM, WRC, F1, Detailing and The Dukes Of Hazzard!!!!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

Well, it was the wife that broke down, not me and as usual, when something goes wrong I'm always 300 miles away with work! :mad:

It all started yesterday morning just before we left home when it took an age to start, it just kept cranking and cranking. After about 5 mins and about 20 attempts it finally started but now the management light was on. As my wife works nearly 50 miles from where we live and it was about 0630 she had to take the car.

At 1500 she left work and it started fine and the management light wasn't on. Then not long after leaving work, she came to junction and it just cut out and wouldn't start at all. Breakdown Assistance was called out and he diagnosed it as 'Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Fault, fault code PO192'.

So she got towed back to our local dealer and they are hoping to look at it tomorrow as they are busy today. I will keep you updated on the outcome.

:waiting:

Paul.
2010 Cruze LT, 2.0 TD, Morrocan Blue with CS Kit (Lowered Suspension, Boot Spoiler, White 18" Alloys), Ally door pins. Carbon Fibre Door Trims. Illuminated sill trims. Chrome Indicator bulbs. LED Interior bulbs.

CHECK OUT MY CARBON FIBRE EFFECT BADGES AND TRIMS AND GLOSS BLACK BADGES I HAVE FOR SALE ON EBAY (mantacrazy)

Posted Image Posted Image

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ChevyCruzeBE

ChevyCruzeBE

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT 1800CC MY2010
  • Interests:It once was Chevrolet and US cars , now it is WWI WWII and pre Roman Western Europe...

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

Bad fuel pump ? .
Let's Cruze !!!!

#3 OFFLINE   Lagaffe

Lagaffe

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:MY12 2.0VCDI 163hp Auto

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

There are several cases reported in here, related to bad diesel fuel. Specially the ones you can find in cheaper brands. As fuel prices goes sky high, companies try to manage their cut by lowering the fuel quality ... the result, is as we can see ... cars breaking down !

The best of luck with your CRUZE

#4 OFFLINE   Taffy_CS

Taffy_CS

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze CS
  • Interests:BTCC, WTCC, DTM, WRC, F1, Detailing and The Dukes Of Hazzard!!!!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Cheers guys.

Dealer called today and said that they have cleared the codes and it is running fine but told them I still want a new sensor fitted as it's under warranty; dont want it happening again!

As for fuel, we mainly fill up with Shell which is one of the best. Well, you'd like to think so!!!

They are keeping the car until the sensor arrives and is fitted so more updates to come.

Paul.
2010 Cruze LT, 2.0 TD, Morrocan Blue with CS Kit (Lowered Suspension, Boot Spoiler, White 18" Alloys), Ally door pins. Carbon Fibre Door Trims. Illuminated sill trims. Chrome Indicator bulbs. LED Interior bulbs.

CHECK OUT MY CARBON FIBRE EFFECT BADGES AND TRIMS AND GLOSS BLACK BADGES I HAVE FOR SALE ON EBAY (mantacrazy)

Posted Image Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   mick15

mick15

Cruze Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Region:Europe
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze 2.0LT 150ps
  • Interests:cars and family

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

Paul
Are you sure it's the sensor and nothing to do with the fuel pipes as you know recall letters have been sent out concerning these.
Mick
Mick 15

#6 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Few things to consider:
  • Bad fuel would not cause "no fuel pressure" fault, low perhaps but not zero. If the fuel has blocked the lines the problem would be more permanent
  • Will faulty fuel pressure sensor cause engine not starting? perhaps in the situation where it tells the ECU that the pressure is high so ECU will not turn on pump.
  • The fuel line recall was for leakage, not blockage. possibly not the cause either, except if the hose has been leaking creating an air bubble?
  • how much fuel did you have in the tank?
  • faulty fuel pump?
  • faulty fuel relay?
Keep in mind that more than half of "faults" are caused by faulty sensors or monitoring circuits, not the engine itself. Hope they will fix it Taffy-CS.
  • mick15 and grs1961 like this

#7 OFFLINE   Gautam Mohanty

Gautam Mohanty

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

I am also having problem in my chevrolet cruze (diesel) related to fuel pump. It takes too much time to start with so long self and sometimes it never start. if anybody knows the answer for this problem. kindly help me.

#8 OFFLINE   Lagaffe

Lagaffe

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Current Vehicle:MY12 2.0VCDI 163hp Auto

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

I am also having problem in my chevrolet cruze (diesel) related to fuel pump. It takes too much time to start with so long self and sometimes it never start. if anybody knows the answer for this problem. kindly help me.

If you are sure it is related to the fuel pump, then, I only see one solution: take it to your mechanic, and have it replaced!

• ChevyCruzeBE, mick15 and grs1961 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·