Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

125hp to 186hp

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Hangterisaan

Hangterisaan

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 VCDI (185)

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

http://www.br-perfor...-cruze/753-all/

http://www.atm-chipt...ruze-20d-125pk/

http://www.ziptuning...156.html#header

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Devilz

Devilz

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 S VCDi

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

i posted the graph above your post . 186 is a normal number yours should have that too . go talk to your tuner and tell him that he should write his own software and research the cars he works on... a 125 is a limited 150... by the way . did he remove the speed limiter or did he not see that there is one ? or... is it a box and that way . no tuning at all ? ;-) . Oh yeah , there are no other mods except a pipercross panel filter but that has little to no effect (stock on my car was 145 HP instead of the 150 it should have had) .

Its proper remap done with dyno runs, I guess I need to take your graphs and show it to them so he can work on mine again or may be I have to look for other tuners in England but unfortunately there are not too many who can work on chevy's at the moment.

I don't think 125 is limited 150 as I can't find any information over web regarding this. 

Any recommendations for UK tuners??

Edited by Devilz, 20 June 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   Hangterisaan

Hangterisaan

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

no . im sorry i dont know any uk mappers except for superchips . maybe need to give them a ring . about the 125/150 issue . they are def the same . here in belgium you can go to the chevrolet dealer and have the software of the 150 written to it and this will give you 150 hp . i will look for some proper uk tuner and proof that 125/150 are the same . ill keep in touch ;-)

#24 OFFLINE   Hangterisaan

Hangterisaan

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Here is a link to a thread on this forum about the 125/150 issue . I can guarantee that it is 100% true . I am also on the cruze forum from Belgium/Holland and all the 125's that are remapped have the same results as the 150 remapped...

http://www.chevrolet...220-vcdi-turbo/

Edited by Hangterisaan, 21 June 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   Devilz

Devilz

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

http://www.autographcars.co.uk/

This company is recommended by BR-Performance as they can write their map file on to ECU to get 185 BHP. Need to sort some other bits too before I go for remap as throttle body needs cleaning and DPF light has come ON which won't go after auto cleaning so need to get it removed as well. One of the local garages quoted £795  to get it removed which is bit too expansive for this particular job.

Once sorted, I am definitely going to try them

Edited by Devilz, 23 June 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   Hangterisaan

Hangterisaan

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Great news (except for the DPF then...) . Mine is removed to , cost me 350 Euros (about 300 pound , stage 2 remap included...) maybe you need to ask the autographers if they can do that ? I had everything done by BR-Performnace . Should give you around 196 HP and 440 Nm :-) . Believe me , coming from 125 HP this will be a thrill ;-)

#27 OFFLINE   Devilz

Devilz

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Great news (except for the DPF then...) . Mine is removed to , cost me 350 Euros (about 300 pound , stage 2 remap included...) maybe you need to ask the autographers if they can do that ? I had everything done by BR-Performnace . Should give you around 196 HP and 440 Nm :-) . Believe me , coming from 125 HP this will be a thrill ;-)

I have already asked them, waiting for their response. Don't see any reason why they can't do it.

About 125 to 185+, I know how it feels man as my previous car was VW MK4 Golf 1.8T spitting 228 BHP after stage 2 map  :victory:

• Hangterisaan likes this

#28 OFFLINE   ChevyCruzeBE

ChevyCruzeBE

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT 1800CC MY2010
  • Interests:It once was Chevrolet and US cars , now it is WWI WWII and pre Roman Western Europe...

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Wondering what a remapping does to your engines life time ??

• mick15 likes this
Let's Cruze !!!!

#29 OFFLINE   Hangterisaan

Hangterisaan

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

I have already asked them, waiting for their response. Don't see any reason why they can't do it.

About 125 to 185+, I know how it feels man as my previous car was VW MK4 Golf 1.8T spitting 228 BHP after stage 2 map  :victory:

That coul'nt be anything else than fun :-) .

#30 OFFLINE   Devilz

Devilz

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

nothing if you keep your engine healthy by servicing at correct intervals

#31 OFFLINE   Hangterisaan

Hangterisaan

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Well , that depends on how you use the extra power... If you keep driving it like you stole it especially when cold , than that's asking for trouble... But let me give an example . A friend of mine has a 2.2 mondeo tdci (mk3) . It has been remapped and some other mods like intercooler , cold air feed etc . from 155 to about 220 hp . Has been done at about 70.000 km's on the clock and now allmost 300.000 and still driving . Only issues were common ones for the MK3 like injectors and dual mass flywheel but this is a problem one the standard ones to (he even goes to events were there are drag races held . A great deal is also the quality of the remap . A lot of "tuners" work on the get rich fast principle and adjust the wrong or not enough parameters wich in time will cause damage (especially power boxes) . You can recognise bad remaps by the amount of soot that comes out the exhaust . This will raise EGT's and can cause problems as holes in pistons , melted vanes on turbo ... The problem these days with modern cars is that you cant notice it in the beginning because of the DPF but this will soon become a problem because they clog up...

• ChevyCruzeBE and mick15 like this

#32 OFFLINE   Hangterisaan

Hangterisaan

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Another examply , my mondeo MK3 Was remapped (with other mods) from 115 to 175 hp . After 2 years clutch started slipping (off course 2 weeks before drive to spain...) But then i had a solid flywheel and heavy duty clutch installed from a transit . Never had any problems with the engine . Untill i decided to install a manual boost controller . During driving one of the tubes came of resulting in no more regulating of boost and the turbo went spinning out of control with the logical effect. blown turbo. But this was my own mistake and if i did'nt instaan yhat MBC i would still be driving it today. ;-) drove the remapped car 90.000 km's and trust me , i use the force ;-) as you can see here (is consumption of the cruze) : http://www.spritmoni...ail/572319.html (the fuelings from 06/06 till 21/06 are all highway but consumption is this high because of driving to spain with roof top box at 100 mph on cruise control)

Edited by Hangterisaan, 24 June 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   Hangterisaan

Hangterisaan

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

nothing if you keep your engine healthy by servicing at correct intervals

With the mondeo i even gave it shorter intervals . Every 10.000 km's new better quality oil and filters

#34 OFFLINE   Devilz

Devilz

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

remapped my cruze to 186hp and is drives great :drool: attachicon.gifChevrolet_Cruze_20_CDVI_125.jpg

How is the fuel economy now?

#35 OFFLINE   Hangterisaan

Hangterisaan

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

How is the fuel economy now?

In mine it's not great , but i always use the power lol . here u can compare between stock , stage 1 and stage 2 :

Stock : http://www.spritmoni...ail/514457.html

Stage 1 : http://www.spritmoni...ail/562114.html

Stage 2 : http://www.spritmoni...ail/572319.html

Please keep in mind that the consumption between 06/06 and 21/06 in the stage 2 is higher because whe drove to Spain and back constantly driven around 100 Mph with a roof top box.

#36 OFFLINE   Devilz

Devilz

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Had a detailed conversation with Andrew @ autograph today, he advised to go for DPF removal Stage 2 tuning, . They have to remove the exhaust and then cut it open to remove the filter, then weld it back together. Will also clean throttle body and EGR valve while they are working on it. WIll cost anything between £640 - £770 and its full day job. But the end result will be 195HP with 440 Nm.  :mail: 

• mick15 likes this

#37 OFFLINE   Hangterisaan

Hangterisaan

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Had a detailed conversation with Andrew @ autograph today, he advised to go for DPF removal Stage 2 tuning, . They have to remove the exhaust and then cut it open to remove the filter, then weld it back together. Will also clean throttle body and EGR valve while they are working on it. WIll cost anything between £640 - £770 and its full day job. But the end result will be 195HP with 440 Nm.  :mail: 

Nice ! Same as mine then ;-) could even be more when you take in account that mine had less stock than he should have had . Oh yeah make sure to ask them to program that stupid EGR closed to . Avoids problems in the future (but they probably said they would allready ;-) . Make sure the car is on stock software when u go in , they can't map a mapped car i was told by a tuner . That said , u won't regret it , i promise ;-)

• mick15 likes this

#38 OFFLINE   Devilz

Devilz

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

I got stock map file with me which I will ask them to upload before starting actual work  B)

#39 OFFLINE   Devilz

Devilz

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Got DPF removed today...throttle response is more smooth now

stage 2 tune is next

• Hangterisaan likes this