Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Water Pump recall???

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DaddyO

DaddyO

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Cruze LT
  • Interests:High Tech, Putzing,
    Cheesehead

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

This is a new finding after I had to take back my 2011 Cruise this past Friday to complete the 27 Multi Point Inspection that was not completed since they discovered the Front axle leak. Was even ready to try to milk this for some compensation since I was inconveinced  by having to bring it back. While waiting for the 15/20 minute quick follow I then told they determined that the water pump should be replaced (under 100k warranty) and they would provide me transportation to and from home while this would be done. First it was the therostat, next axel leak, and now the water pump at 65,000. I sure hope this is not a warning sign. As much as I would like to stand behind my decision to buy an American made car, this could be a game changer for me if I will have any more serious troubles before long.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   DaddyO

DaddyO

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
    Cheesehead

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

So about 176 views on this and no comments! Not even from my good buddy Diesel?? Before April ended I did respond the True Delta's request to submit my recent repair incidents. Seems like this is another minor problem and if I read the findings right, more so on the 2012 & 2013 Cruzes! Despite my concerns, and I should come to realize with the more than normal driving I do (66,000 miles in two years) that nothing last forever. For the time being until I reach that 100.000 mark that then ends that warranty, it will be interesting to see what repairs lie before me.  I would expect the normal stuff, like radiator, fan etc might be in my future but the true test would be of the Dexos oil. If i'm not leaking or burning oil this will be the ultimate decision maker if I would buy another Chevy or not, 

Also once again our Customer Service Chevy gals have yet to comment or assist otherwise.Why am I not surprised?

• fastdriver likes this

#3 OFFLINE   mick15

mick15

Cruze Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Region:Europe
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze 2.0LT 150ps
  • Interests:cars and family

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

So about 176 views on this and no comments! Not even from my good buddy Diesel?? Before April ended I did respond the True Delta's request to submit my recent repair incidents. Seems like this is another minor problem and if I read the findings right, more so on the 2012 & 2013 Cruzes! Despite my concerns, and I should come to realize with the more than normal driving I do (66,000 miles in two years) that nothing last forever. For the time being until I reach that 100.000 mark that then ends that warranty, it will be interesting to see what repairs lie before me.  I would expect the normal stuff, like radiator, fan etc might be in my future but the true test would be of the Dexos oil. If i'm not leaking or burning oil this will be the ultimate decision maker if I would buy another Chevy or not, 

Also once again our Customer Service Chevy gals have yet to comment or assist otherwise.Why am I not surprised?

I'm sorry to say DaddyO that it is the way of the world  these days.

Once the sweet talking sales people of the companies have got your money all customer service's help ceases.

Edited by mick15, 06 May 2013 - 12:30 PM.

• fastdriver likes this
Mick 15

#4 OFFLINE   DaddyO

DaddyO

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
    Cheesehead

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

For the most part I would agree with you mick15, even after I find elsewhere on this forum that there is now a heater core problem now surfacing!

Chevy's success seems to be going to their heads and the Cruze is suffering for the most part with anything related to the cooling system with

the exception of the radiator. After all that I have been through so far now that winter is over here, I now hear the familiar spastic cooling fan doing it's

short burse on/off which I should be used to by now and is considered normal?!?!? For all practical purposes it will be fair to say that regardless of what

happens going forward I would use the forums like I have gained so much more insight into any other cars issues before I decide on my next purchase.

But then who knows when that may be and if possible could establish an all time record for miles recorded overall?

• mick15 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Robert Lane

Robert Lane

New Cruze Member

• Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:Malibu
  • Interests:None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

Some worrisome problems arising.  The occasional part failure here and there is to be totally expected.  The sign that the cooling system is overall suspect doesn't bode well though.

What's interesting though is that the Cruze was out in the E.U. well before it's arrival to the U.S. and we've heard little to nothing of these problems?  This leads me to question if we have a supplier issue here? ? ?

• fastdriver likes this

#6 OFFLINE   DaddyO

DaddyO

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
    Cheesehead

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

I think the term here is called "skimming"??? I cannot believe it is due to being over popular and they can't make them fast enough!

Somebody has to find the supplier issue and put a stop to it fast.

#7 OFFLINE   fastdriver

fastdriver

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Buick Verano Turbo
  • Interests:Cars, computers and photography

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

For the most part I would agree with you mick15, even after I find elsewhere on this forum that there is now a heater core problem now surfacing!

Chevy's success seems to be going to their heads and the Cruze is suffering for the most part with anything related to the cooling system with

the exception of the radiator. After all that I have been through so far now that winter is over here, I now hear the familiar spastic cooling fan doing it's

short burse on/off which I should be used to by now and is considered normal?!?!? For all practical purposes it will be fair to say that regardless of what

happens going forward I would use the forums like I have gained so much more insight into any other cars issues before I decide on my next purchase.

But then who knows when that may be and if possible could establish an all time record for miles recorded overall?

Sorry to inform you, but the heater core/antifreeze/coolant smell has been around since the 2011 models! You're lucky you don't have this problem OR the crappy shifting transmission like I HAD on my previous 2011 Cruze LTZ RS! Count your lucky stars! There is NO fix for the tranny shifting except to trade it in! GM would just tell you that it is "operating as designed"! :angry2: 

• mick15 likes this

Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get.

2011 Cruze LTZ RS Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat. Picked up 2/14/2011. All options except nav. Gone 1/31/13. 

Replaced with 2013 Crystal Red Buick Verano Turbo with Nav on 1/31/13!
Some pics: http://smg.beta.phot...ck Verano Turbo

Old Cruze pics-http://smg.photobuck...y Cruze LTZ RS/

179248.png

#8 OFFLINE   mema/pappy

mema/pappy

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Cruze LTZ

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

my 2012 cruze with 30,230 mi. was lossing  coolant 26 oz. in 14,00 mi dealer found water pump leaking.

#9 OFFLINE   ChevyCruzeBE

ChevyCruzeBE

Cruze Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT 1800CC MY2010
  • Interests:It once was Chevrolet and US cars , now it is WWI WWII and pre Roman Western Europe...

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

Its an American Chevrolet Cruze problem,apparently Asians can better put cars together than US.....???

• mick15 likes this
Let's Cruze !!!!

#10 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

It seems that especially in the US  the parts used for the cruze are locally manufactured, not korean as it is in other markets. They may be, according to high failure rate, be lower overall quality or has poorer quality control and many substandard parts are installed into car thus causing higher than average failure rates. The US just went through a partial collapse of the auto manufacturing industry, people with high skills moved to other industries and the industry basically has to start again from the beginning. 

I am sure over the time this will be corrected and the US auto industry starts growing again and producing better quality cars. my observation is that the collapse was caused by same reasons as in Australia; the industry produced cars that customers did not want to buy, it failed to move with the global development and direction of needs. 

The irony is that the lack of proper response from the auto dealership, as we have seen from the postings, is not doing any good to restore peoples trust. 

• ChevyCruzeBE and mick15 like this

#11 OFFLINE   Chevy Cust Service

Chevy Cust Service

Cruze Member

• Official Chevrolet
  • 249 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Cruze

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hi mema/pappy.

I’m sorry to hear that the water pump was leaking in your Cruze. I understand that you have taken your vehicle to the dealership for your concern. Has this been resolved? Please feel free to follow up with us via private message if any extra assistance is needed. In the message please include your full contact information, VIN, an involved dealership. Thank you.

Kristen A.

Chevrolet Customer Care

• elmstarter and Michael Pohlman like this

~Chevrolet Customer Service

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/pr...-statement.html

#12 OFFLINE   elmstarter

elmstarter

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy cruze ltz 2011

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hi mema/pappy.

Im sorry to hear that the water pump was leaking in your Cruze. I understand that you have taken your vehicle to the dealership for your concern. Has this been resolved? Please feel free to follow up with us via private message if any extra assistance is needed. In the message please include your full contact information, VIN, an involved dealership. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

#13 OFFLINE   elmstarter

elmstarter

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy cruze ltz 2011

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

Kristen,

I have had to get my water pump fixed twice in the past year, and am going in for another fix tomorrow morning (less than a month after the second fix). Luckily all of this is covered under warranty, but at 70k miles I am guessing that I have only 30k more to drive until I trade it in or risk paying a lot to have the water pump fixed again and again after the warranty expires. Is this something that is ever going to be addressed considering so many people have the same problem? Thanks

#14 OFFLINE   Chevy Cust Service

Chevy Cust Service

Cruze Member

• Official Chevrolet
  • 249 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Cruze

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hi elmsarter, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have also experienced difficulties with your water pump. We handle all of our customer's concerns on a case by case basis and it is best to always have your vehicle properly diagnosed at your dealership when you experience any difficulties. We also document all of our interactions within our system in order to keep track of your concerns. Please feel free to send us a private message if you ever need any further assistance with your vehicle. We will be happy to help!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

• Sarcza likes this

~Chevrolet Customer Service

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/pr...-statement.html

#15 OFFLINE   mick15

mick15

Cruze Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Region:Europe
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze 2.0LT 150ps
  • Interests:cars and family

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

So really elmsarter,  what they are really saying is the problem will not be addressed in the near future.

• Jason Cook likes this
Mick 15

#16 OFFLINE   Rubicon44

Rubicon44

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:2012
  • Current Vehicle:Rubicon
  • Interests:Motorsports

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

LOL, so typical. Got a letter from GM early-on that they'd cover the leaking water pump if it happened.

Girlfriends 2012 Cruze that I bought new just started leaking coolant at 36,000 miles. Took it to the dealer it was purchased from.

"Yep, we'll cover the pump. BUT, also leaking is the water outlet and hoses. You have to pay $315.60."

GM, what say you?

Between the 2000 Grand Prix, the 2004 Impala, and 2004 Grand Prix of the kids I maintain, and now the Cruze, every single one of them uses coolant or has needed in-depth repairs to not leak or use coolant. I get Chrysler Employee discount, don't make me change loyalties, but this is getting old real fast.

• mick15 likes this

#17 OFFLINE   Michael Pohlman

Michael Pohlman

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • My Cruze's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Chevy Cruze
  • Interests:All things vehicles.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

I see customer service says to PM them, they'd be glad to help...lies. I've been trying for a month.

#18 OFFLINE   Dennis

Dennis

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Chevy Cruze lt
  • Interests:Coolant smell big time and Leak's from somewhere. Heater works from time to time. Wife and kid are in the car every day and I read the coolant smell causes Kinsey failure! OMG!

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

Im really hope that's why my heater doesn't always work and the smell of coolant all the time.

#19 OFFLINE   Amhernandez

Amhernandez

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy cruze
  • Interests:N/a

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

Yes I've had a problem with my daughters 2011 chevy cruze.it would turn off a/c ,fan would overwork,say it was turning vehicle off for engine overheating. 1st mechanic said the chevy cruze hAve had multiples with the same problem n need to go through process of elimination...bought a new fan,relay n fuse. 3 months later,same problem.2nd mechanic says he had to replace a fuse.went back another 2 months...same mechanic now says,water pump needs to be replaced,heating hose,needs more antifreeze and we just went for a an oil change,inspection n checkup.I'm furious saying as so I'm a single parent n my daughter does me a favor by taking my other children to and from school in that car...I'm deeply dissappointed in chevy

#20 OFFLINE   Amhernandez

Amhernandez

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy cruze
  • Interests:N/a

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:52 PM