Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Noise behind engine or behind and below engine

noise

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mangon1947

mangon1947

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Australia and Oceania
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy Cruze LTZ
  • Interests:none

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

I have a noise that recently started, prior to this the engine was quite quiet and I heard no unusual noises.

The noise sounds like a fan hitting somethings or a box with items in it tumblng around. Something like you would here from the lottery ball machines when numbers are being selected - the air forces the balls to bounce around and the balls randomly bump against the box they are in. The dealership here in Udon Thani said the noise is normal. but it doesn't sound remotely normal to me. The sound seems to increase with slow acceleration, but can not really be heard when it is floored - likely because the engine noise drowns it out. I suspect the noise is still there. I have the noise when just starting out or even when I have driven  several clicks. It does not stop.  Does anyone have a similar experience? Oh, the LTZ has an auto stick also along with the regular auto transmission. Noise happens when  using either. Also, can hear it when idling.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ChevyCruzeBE

ChevyCruzeBE

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT 1800CC MY2010
  • Interests:It once was Chevrolet and US cars , now it is WWI WWII and pre Roman Western Europe...

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

No sorry no special noises in my Cruze...

Let's Cruze !!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·