Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rims for The cruze

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nevian

nevian

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

How about this?

Posted Image

Mak wheels

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   CruzeDK

CruzeDK

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

How about this?

Posted Image

Mak wheels

IMO, lacks class.....Totally.....

The cruze is a gwon up car... dont put teenage styling/rims on it. (thats just me, styling is ugly)
-------------------------------
/ L

#3 OFFLINE   nevian

nevian

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

IMO, lacks class.....Totally.....

The cruze is a gwon up car... dont put teenage styling/rims on it. (thats just me, styling is ugly)

Throw some ideas please

#4 OFFLINE   OzCruze

OzCruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

Throw some ideas please

Because of the Cruze unusual PCD pattern (well, for oz anyway) wheels were difficult to source when I bought my Cruze 12 months ago. I eventually chose the Advanti Europa 17 x 7. Not an especially expensive wheel but we really only had about 4 choices back then. Things have moved along now with many more options and brands available.
I have had some difficulty trying to post pics on this forum and have asked for assistance but no replies as yet. I will try again here but won't be surprised if it does not work.
cheers, Ross

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0883.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   OzCruze

OzCruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

mmmm.....interesting! It actually worked. Right click on the thumbnail and open it in a new window for larger view.

#6 OFFLINE   thommo10

thommo10

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

Because of the Cruze unusual PCD pattern (well, for oz anyway) wheels were difficult to source when I bought my Cruze 12 months ago. I eventually chose the Advanti Europa 17 x 7. Not an especially expensive wheel but we really only had about 4 choices back then. Things have moved along now with many more options and brands available.
I have had some difficulty trying to post pics on this forum and have asked for assistance but no replies as yet. I will try again here but won't be surprised if it does not work.
cheers, Ross

Only have 16 inch CSA Motorvatr rims (16 x 6.5), I thought I got them cheap, but friend just got 17 inch ones for $20 less each then I payed for my 16's............ not happy :banghead:

http://www.csadirect...heel-range.asp#

#7 OFFLINE   OzCruze

OzCruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:57 PM

Only have 16 inch CSA Motorvatr rims (16 x 6.5), I thought I got them cheap, but friend just got 17 inch ones for $20 less each then I payed for my 16's............ not happy :banghead:

http://www.csadirect...heel-range.asp#

Back when I bought the car the Motorvatr were advertised but not available in 105 PCD. Was actually my first choice! Very few brands were then making 105's. I waited 10 weeks to get my Advanti's. There were only 2 choices back then in oz. The other was the Advanti Demon which was not bad but me n the other arf thought the Europa were the best pick. Speedy Sirrocco was another but they are the "optioned" wheel for Cruze here in oz. There were others but most were blanks rquiring drilling.
I did a deal with Tyrepower and got the Advanti's for $1590 aus. including 215/50rx17 Nexan tyres. They took my Hankooks(fact. fitted) tyres, gave me some discount and I retained the steel 16 inch rims.
So not too shabby for the price. Was not sure of the Nexan's at first but am happy. 35,000 ks. later and they still have over 1/2 tread left. A little on the slick side in the wet but very good in the dry. Also tend to be noisy metinks and harsher on suspension...feel more bumps. I run a little less pressure and find them ok.
cheers, Ross

#8 OFFLINE   The Stig

The Stig

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

I am still struggling to find a set of rims that I like that will fit my CDX Cruze Deisel. I am looking for an 18" mesh type wheel if anyone happens to know of anything along those lines please feel free to point it out!

Tyre wise I am pretty happy with the standard Kumho K17s that came on the car but will probably change to KU36s or Bridgestone RE001s because after coming from a 400hp WRX with semi slicks I miss the handling....

#9 OFFLINE   OzCruze

OzCruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:48 PM

hope this works

#10 OFFLINE   OzCruze

OzCruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

hope this works

Sorry ....seems my pic posting is not happenning....grrrr

Stig
try this website...........look for the Europa.....will fit the Cruze as far as I know.Closest to a mesh wheel I have seen. I did sight one in person..........nice wheels up close and well polished.
This is an oz site but they would be available in other countries I would think.
http://www.jackbaker...nti_wheels.html
cheers, Ross

#11 OFFLINE   OzCruze

OzCruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:05 AM

Sorry ....seems my pic posting is not happenning....grrrr

Stig
try this website...........look for the Europa.....will fit the Cruze as far as I know.Closest to a mesh wheel I have seen. I did sight one in person..........nice wheels up close and well polished.
This is an oz site but they would be available in other countries I would think.
http://www.jackbaker...nti_wheels.html
cheers, Ross

ooops....sorry...brain fade....LOOK for the DEMON
I have the Europa.....oops.

#12 OFFLINE   OzCruze

OzCruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:39 AM

Thommo.....I think I figured out how to pic post....lets see.Right click on thumbnail and open in new window for larger view. Let me know if you are able to source spoiler locally.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF3607.JPG

#13 OFFLINE   The Stig

The Stig

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:07 AM

Thanks for that Ross I saw them on a car at a dealership but they were 15s and I thought they were a dealer option. Didn't know they came in 18s though and reasonably priced.

http://www.thewheeld...products_id=990

#14 OFFLINE   The Stig

The Stig

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

This is a handy little calculator for working out what size tyres

http://www.miata.net...e/tirecalc.html

#15 OFFLINE   nevian

nevian

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

Something I found from Borbet :
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

all have pcd 5*105 with 56.6 and can be mounted on the cruze problem is they come as 16 and 17"
Thanks for the info

#16 OFFLINE   CruzeDK

CruzeDK

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:54 AM

I'm happy to post a picture of my wheels.. i ent for 18" to maintain comfort..

Please note, the pictures are taken positioned a litte "down", making the gap between tire and body somewhat bigger than seen IRL...

I also did the pictures with with the rimes resized to 19"...

And last, i dont say THIS is the rim for the car..... But something like it. Strong design, to match the heavy car, and somewhat simple...

Original 18"

Posted Image
Posted Image

Resized rim to 19"

Posted Image
Posted Image
-------------------------------
/ L

#17 OFFLINE   nevian

nevian

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:00 AM

nice i like them :drool:

#18 OFFLINE   Ravage05

Ravage05

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:19 AM

Because of the Cruze unusual PCD pattern (well, for oz anyway) wheels were difficult to source when I bought my Cruze 12 months ago. I eventually chose the Advanti Europa 17 x 7.

Thats exactly why I had mine made by special order, lots of $$$$ and a 4 month wait, but well worth the effort.

#19 OFFLINE   Ravage05

Ravage05

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

They took my Hankooks(fact. fitted) tyres, gave me some discount and I retained the steel 16 inch rims.

My Bridgestone dealer didnt want my old mags and tyres, I still have them, thinking of trying to sell them off to the Holden dealer..

#20 OFFLINE   Ravage05

Ravage05

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:29 AM

I miss the handling....

I find the handling of my Cruze is great, wet or dry, I also have 19 inch Kuhmo's..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·