Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Infotainment screen goes black/all audio stops while driving

radio infotainment stops working black screen

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   Npeck

Npeck

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain Region
  • My Cruze's Year:2014
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Cruze LTZ
  • Interests:Outdoors

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:10 PM

My Cruze did this today while I was driving and using my Bluetooth talking to my husband on the phone. Luckily my husband is a Chevrolet certified mechanic so I told him I was coming by. My Cruze is a 2014 LTZ 48,000 miles. There was a bulletin out about it. All my husband needed to do was get a new negative battery cable and it's fixed. Simple cheap fix which is covered under warranty. :-)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#142 OFFLINE   Burnttoast

Burnttoast

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy Cruze RS
  • Interests:Na

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:00 AM

I have a 2016 Cruze RS with 3500 miles on it and my screen just started going blank today. This is pretty frustrating on a brand new car and sounds like a widespread issue (?)
It sounds like maybe replacing the battery cables should help, right? Or replace MyLink?

#143 OFFLINE   iamapoeticgirl

iamapoeticgirl

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Chevy Cruz LTZ
  • Interests:n/a

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:26 AM

I have a 2016 Cruze RS with 3500 miles on it and my screen just started going blank today. This is pretty frustrating on a brand new car and sounds like a widespread issue (?)
It sounds like maybe replacing the battery cables should help, right? Or replace MyLink?

It sounds like you should just go back to the dealer and have them look at it.  It is not MyLink or the screen.  What you're seeing is just a symptom of a larger electrical issue related to the set up for the battery.  First it starts with the screen, then you're power steering and power brakes will start to go out on you.  Last thing you want is to be driving on a highway and have your electrical system fail on you.  Either the grounding needs to be replaced or the cables or both.  Sometimes a cable replacement doesn't fix it because the grounding can still go.  

Go right back to the dealer as soon as you can.  Tell them your symptom.  Let them fix it for free.

• Lagaffe likes this

#144 OFFLINE   al.burg

al.burg

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Car is daughter's. I drive a Tahoe and wife drives a Traverse
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, traveling

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

This exact thing is also happening with my daughter's 2013 Cruz Eco. She called me on her way to her first day of school with her little sister. She said the stereo display started going off and on, and dash lights started flashing off and on while she was listening to her iPhone. She also said she thought it started to happen when she put her foot on the brake. I asked her if there were any codes or anything specific on the screen and she said no. Just that the Traction Control warning light was on. She said it did this continuously the last 5-7 minutes they were driving it to school. Last night she was working and I picked it up at her work and drove it around. The only thing that happened was when I first started it I had driven about maybe a hundred feet and I had to come to a stop. I put my foot on the brake and the display for the radio went off and then as I drove away about 10 seconds later it came back on. I took it to AutoZone, which was across the street. Unfortunately they said if there was no engine light coming on they couldn't scan it with their plug-in scanner. But we did check the fuses and three or four of them seem to be loose. So I push them in and make sure all the fuses were securely in their place. I drove it around for about 10 minutes and didn't have any other problem. So I assume this had fixed the problem. This morning she contacted me when she was leaving school that her car started doing it again and it kept going off and on and off and on. This time she hadn't even plugged in her iPhone. Nor was the cord itself plugged into the car. Has Chevrolet acknowledged the Cruze has obviously has some type of problem with their infotainment systems yet? I Googled Chevy Cruze dash and radio problems and it brought me here. I've read numerous stories on here now to realize this is not an isolated problem.

#145 OFFLINE   Enlitened

Enlitened

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Sonic 6spd
  • Interests:Na

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:43 PM

I've been having the same issue with my 2014 Sonic. Blank MyLink screen, never powers on, no response to touch, no turn signal audio, dashboard console behind the steering wheel resetting while driving. I have not experienced issues with power steering or traction control yet.

I went through all of the suggestions you can find online about fuses, removing battery cables, opening the door and leaving it off, closing the door and leaving it off, Etc. No change.

I decided to verify that power was reaching the Mylink since so many of the answers you find are that the MyLink is replaced. I pulled out the radio and tested voltage from the harness, 12.4. I brought the radio inside, and created some custom wiring and fuse to carefully hook it into the back of the MyLink on the power and ground posts. I hooked that up to my boat battery I had inside, and it immediately powered on.

At this point I put it right back in the car plugged it in and everything was fine. I'm not confident that it won't recur again, but I am pleased that I just verified that my MyLink wasn't dead.

I never trust a problem is solved until the root causes actually identified. And I technically did nothing to fix it.

I've had the issue for four days while trying all sorts of solutions to no avail. I'll update again if anything new happens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: radio, infotainment, stops, working, black, screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·