Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Received a letter from an attorney about Cruzes and the "Lemon Law"

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   martinsxx

martinsxx

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:sports

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

A local attorney sent what looks to be a mass mailing to Cruze owners saying that many 2011-12 Cruzes have serious defects that might fall under the State and Federal "lemon" laws. He claims that he has been able to get buybacks or cash settlements. I don't know if I would classify my car as a lemon but it has had its share of problems:

1. The A/C did not work the first time I used it. The car was in the dealership two days to fix.

2. The brakes had a sound like a loose spring with less than 10,000 miles which required a $100 "brake adjustment" not covered under warranty. I've never had such a service in any other car I owned.

3. The TPMS was not reset correctly by the dealership and they refused to fix it or even discuss it further with me.

4. The outdoor temperature display frequently does not work and shows the wrong temperature.

5. My model has had three recalls and one resulted in the odor of burning oil.

6. The steering system makes a clicking sound sometimes when making a sharp turn and is worse in colder weather. The dealer looked at it and said nothing was wrong and that they couldn't duplicate the condition but I hear it everyday. I read on this forum that it may be a problem with bearings for the rack and pinion steering.

7. My car gets nowhere near the gas mileage indicated and is now averaging about 20 mpg. The dealer said that is what I should expect.

8. One time the transmission would not shift correctly and the shift indicator started blinking. I had to turn the car off and on to get it to work. The condition has not happened since.

9. The car has turbo lag if I gas it hard from a stop. It's rare that I have to do that but if I need to do that the car has serious hesitation.

10. The heating system takes a long time to deliver warm air into the car.  I can drive 5 or more miles without any warm air.

I never really thought of my car as a lemon, but listing all the issues I think they are a lot for a new car. Number 6, the noise in the steering is still a problem. I might give that attorney a call just to see what he says.

Edited by martinsxx, 25 February 2014 - 06:41 PM.

• mick15 and mycariskillingme22 like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   mick15

mick15

Cruze Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Region:Europe
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze 2.0LT 150ps
  • Interests:cars and family

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

A local attorney sent what looks to be a mass mailing to Cruze owners saying that many 2011-12 Cruzes have serious defects that might fall under the State and Federal "lemon" laws. He claims that he has been able to get buybacks or cash settlements. I don't know if I would classify my car as a lemon but it has had its share of problems:

1. The A/C did not work the first time I used it. The car was in the dealership two days to fix.

2. The brakes had a sound like a loose spring with less than 10,000 miles which required a $100 "brake adjustment" not covered under warranty. I've never had such a service in any other car I owned.

3. The TPMS was not reset correctly by the dealership and they refused to fix it or even discuss it further with me.

4. The outdoor temperature display frequently does not work and shows the wrong temperature.

5. My model has had three recalls and one resulted in the odor of burning oil.

6. The steering system makes a clicking sound sometimes when making a sharp turn and is worse in colder weather. The dealer looked at it and said nothing was wrong and that they couldn't duplicate the condition but I hear it everyday. I read on this forum that it may be a problem with bearings for the rack and pinion steering.

7. My car gets nowhere near the gas mileage indicated and is now averaging about 20 mpg. The dealer said that is what I should expect.

8. One time the transmission would not shift correctly and the shift indicator started blinking. I had to turn the car off and on to get it to work. The condition has not happened since.

9. The car has turbo lag if I gas it hard from a stop. It's rare that I have to do that but if I need to do that the car has serious hesitation.

10. The heating system takes a long time to deliver warm air into the car.  I can drive 5 or more miles without any warm air.

I never really thought of my car as a lemon, but listing all the issues I think they are a lot for a new car. Number 6, the noise in the steering is still a problem. I might give that attorney a call just to see what he says.

All these problems only seem to be with the USA built Cruze's don't hear about them from owners of the  Korean built ones.

• Lagaffe and grs1961 like this
Mick 15

#3 OFFLINE   C77

C77

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • My Cruze's Year:2010
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze S40 YZF750
  • Interests:C77

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

"The outdoor temperature display frequently does not work and shows the wrong temperature"

It needs just a restart, plug it out and wait view minutes,

at least in euro-Cruzen where sometimes this thing has happend in the past.

• mick15 likes this

#4 OFFLINE   mycariskillingme22

mycariskillingme22

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:chevrolet cruze 2011
  • Interests:Chevrolet cruze coolant etc.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

I've had my temperature gauge replaced numerous times. Along with a million other issues

#5 OFFLINE   Exchevytech

Exchevytech

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Chevy cruze
  • Interests:Have had issues with our Cruze starting within a couple of weeks of purchase. Took to dealer on multiple occasions and was always told they couldn't get it to duplicate the problem. When I was a tech we would take customers cars home with us so we could have first hand experience with what it was doing first thing in the morning or on the drive to work. Suggested that more than once. And was ignored. Now our warranty is up we can't stand the car. First car we've ever bought of a lot. I've always bought wrecked Chevys and rebuilt them. And not one of those wrecked Chevy's ever had an issue. But this car is now running on half power all the time, very hard to get it up to highway speeds and when you hit a hill you have to be going 80 at the bottom if you want to get up it cause it will drop down to 50 or less if it's a big hill. We traded in a perfectly good very clean 03 Tahoe Z71 for this Cruze and I'd like to shove it up the dealer's a__ they seemed to not beleive I was having problems and said sorry sir it's a great car it was certified pre-owned. We I'm sorry it's a certified piece of shit. The wife and I would much rather have our Tahoe back with less miles per gallon than this Cruze. Please help.

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

Do you have that Lawyer's information. My dealership has been less than helpfully. Act like I'm a dumbass and don't know what I'm talking about. Hate to tell them that I used to be a GM Tech and was raised in a salvage yard so I've been working on vehicle's since before I was old enough to drive.
  • mick15 and Jen like this

#6 OFFLINE   svanest

svanest

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Chevy Cruz
  • Interests:Recalls/Problems

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

How did this end up for you?? I have had nothing but problems with my 2011 since I've had it! 

#7 OFFLINE   Max

Max

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

I have not gotten anything yet

#8 OFFLINE   No Tyme

No Tyme

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Silverado
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

You may be referring to a letter like this.

cruze%20letter.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   jlina32

jlina32

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 chevy cruze
  • Interests:not breaking down every other day.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

I have had many issues with my 2014 cruze. I contacted a lemon law attorney in florida and was offered a settlement from gm. not nearly as much as I paid in repairs and towing but it was something for my time and trouble.
  • mick15 likes this

#10 OFFLINE   Latunya

Latunya

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:2012
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze
  • Interests:Recall

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:07 AM

Hello, how do I go about that because I've had so many problems with my 2012 cruze.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·