Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What is wrong with the RS package on the Cruze

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ss2g923

ss2g923

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

I ordered a Cruze the other week with the RS package and the salesman informed me the RS package had a problem and is not available at the moment......Does anyone know what is wrong with it and when GM will start running production on it??

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   trentbg

trentbg

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

I ordered a Cruze the other week with the RS package and the salesman informed me the RS package had a problem and is not available at the moment......Does anyone know what is wrong with it and when GM will start running production on it??

The answer I received from the local dealer regarding the RS, was that it will be available early next month.

#3 OFFLINE   trol1374

trol1374

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

The answer I received from the local dealer regarding the RS, was that it will be available early next month.

I too heard from my dealer today, said there was a four week constraint on the RS package (in other words, delay). They didn't give details but dealer is thinking that a problem with the side facia.

#4 OFFLINE   ss2g923

ss2g923

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

My dealer informed a few weeks ago that there was a 4 week or greater constraint too......Just hope it is available soon!

#5 OFFLINE   trentbg

trentbg

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:43 AM

Bad news guys, yesterday the dealer told me that the RS will not be available till January next year...sadly but that is the last info, I am not too sure that I will be waiting for it. BTW, I did a test drive on the LTZ, and was very pleased with this car.

#6 OFFLINE   ss2g923

ss2g923

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

Yea I'm the same way, not sure if I'll wait either but the car did drive nice......It's unfortunate that there's an issue with this package, just a bit ridiculous...

#7 OFFLINE   Aubrey

Aubrey

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

Yea I'm the same way, not sure if I'll wait either but the car did drive nice......It's unfortunate that there's an issue with this package, just a bit ridiculous...

Quality Control. Chevy will not ship, particularly any new launch vehicle, that does not meet stringent quality measures.

#8 OFFLINE   ss2g923

ss2g923

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

I'm hearing production on the RS package will start running in November

#9 OFFLINE   TurboTechRacing

TurboTechRacing

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

Yes it will be starting up very soon.
-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

#10 OFFLINE   CREWZIN

CREWZIN

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Cruze LTZ/RS
  • Interests:Other Cars. 87 Corvette. 2001 PT Cruiser

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Yes it will be starting up very soon.

Some of you know I ordered the 2LT with the RS package. After reading the forums I talked to my salesman about the RS and he had just found out about the delay. We first thought it wasn't going to delivered until early next year. I told him that was too long as the car I'm trading in was about to hit 60K and the trade-in price drops at that point. He said they are expecting the LTZ in at any time in the color that i wanted (Crystal Red Tintcoat) but he wasn't sure if it had the light cocoa interior. I told him that I would switch my order and drop the RS package if they upgraded my order to the LTZ model. Dropping one and upgrading for the other should come out to about the same price. I'm waiting now (1) to see if the new one will have the light interior and (2) if they go for the switch. Will let ya all know.
Posted Image Visit my Homepage www.CREWZIN.com

#11 OFFLINE   lumberjill

lumberjill

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

Posted 11/02/2010: Ordered Cruze LTZ 10/01/2010 with RS package. Received call from salesman this morning that RS package will cause delay in the estimate 5 to 8 week time period to receive new vehicle.
For sure, will wait.

#12 OFFLINE   JC_Cruze

JC_Cruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

Posted 11/02/2010: Ordered Cruze LTZ 10/01/2010 with RS package. Received call from salesman this morning that RS package will cause delay in the estimate 5 to 8 week time period to receive new vehicle.
For sure, will wait.

So, is the delay pushing the order out to beween 5 and 8 weeks or is the RS Package delay unknown and usual build time is 5 to 8 weeks?

#13 OFFLINE   lumberjill

lumberjill

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:56 AM

So, is the delay pushing the order out to beween 5 and 8 weeks or is the RS Package delay unknown and usual build time is 5 to 8 weeks?

(Hope I am do proper procedure to add reply) The initial estimate on 11/01/10 when placing order was delivery would be within 3 to 5 weeks. I did talk with salesman two days ago and advised him of reading the postings on this forum. He still is hoping delivery with the RS package will be by mid-December.
He did not have any info as to reason for delay, except possibly so many orders being placed for RS.

#14 OFFLINE   lumberjill

lumberjill

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:01 AM

Just did a search to see if any update info RE: delay of RS package for 2011 Cruze.
Good News--production start was week of 11/05/2010, after a 3 week delay according to a couple of sites, here's one of them:
http://www.bloomberg...fter-delay.html

So, hopefully salesman's prediction of delivery by mid-December will become a reality. Hope we all get delivery in timely manner.

#15 OFFLINE   BigRedCruze

BigRedCruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:17 AM

Production was delayed because the bottom door skirts on the RS where not staying attached.

The door skirts have been changed smoothed out a little more and now are back in production.

#16 OFFLINE   ss2g923

ss2g923

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

My salesman called yesterday....Placed the order for the Cruze with the RS, should be getting it soon!

#17 OFFLINE   jaygeo1

jaygeo1

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

We've had our order in since 9/21. Been tracking our order on the Chevrolet web site ("owners" tab - "track order"). Started out with a "order received" notification for a couple weeks. Then, the notification said "No information on order available" for a few weeks and then finally this last week in now says the order is "Getting Ready for Production". The next level is "Vehicle Production Completed", here we sit waitiing to see it. Our Cruze is the LTZ - RS. We we're told from the dealer that we should have a VIN# in 2-3 weeks. :banghead: Good luck to one and all awaiting the RS optioned Cruze's. We can all take pictures and post as soon as we take delivery. :camera:

#18 OFFLINE   lumberjill

lumberjill

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:44 AM

11/25/10 Received a Happy Thanksgiving greeting from www.camarotracking.com this morning!!!!
Re: Order placed 11/01/2010 for LTZ-RS: update of 11/24/2010 (3800) Order produced and vehcile is being prepared for shipping. Also provided VIN. Hope all of you receive good news of production progress.
Exciting to get this the day following the big announcement 11/24/2010 of the investment GM is making in plants in mid-MI where engines and parts for Cruze will be produced!!!! Good to know all of us who have, or will be ordering, these vehicles will be helping workers get back on the job. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Edited by lumberjill, 25 November 2010 - 08:45 AM.

• fantomRS likes this

#19 OFFLINE   hadlernabi

hadlernabi

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

I think they will start soon that package... Once search or wait and see...

#20 OFFLINE   Yenz

Yenz

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:47 AM

For sure, will wait.

How much is the RS package actually?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·