Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

GM letter on "engine coolant leak from water pump"

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Michael Pohlman

Michael Pohlman

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • My Cruze's Year:2014
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Chevy Cruze
  • Interests:All things vehicles.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

Tdelong515, I've tried multiple ways to reach them. I've read in many other forums how the cap on the resivoir is bad and is essentially "evaporating" the coolant. I've not noticed any leaks anywhere, and there's none in my oil so I don't suspect a cracked head or block, but others have said going to a larger sized diameter o-ring fixed the troubles. I've owned MANY GM products through the years and NEVER had the trouble I am now with reaching someone. Heck I wish there was an office I could walk into and look a man (or woman I guess) in the eye and get some answers. I don't want anything I didn't earn or pay for, I just want the help I feel I should be due. Holler back if you get anything or have anything to add for me.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 OFFLINE   Tdelong515

Tdelong515

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Cruze's Year:2012
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy cruze eco 2012
  • Interests:Construction and my kids

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

Well as of now just in the last 3 months i have paid more in repairs than the car is worth. And theu refuse to replace the thermostat which they replaced not even 2 yrs ago. So its just sitting.

#63 OFFLINE   Michael Pohlman

Michael Pohlman

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • My Cruze's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Chevy Cruze
  • Interests:All things vehicles.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

I figure I'll do the work myself I just want them to cover the cost of parts

#64 OFFLINE   Tdelong515

Tdelong515

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy cruze eco 2012
  • Interests:Construction and my kids

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

In the 5 yrs ive had this car ive spent over $5,000 fixing it. Majority of it is due to poor engineering.
  • mick15 likes this

#65 OFFLINE   Seabird99

Seabird99

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Cruze LT
  • Interests:Teaching

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

I did not receive the letter because I had moved, but have spent about $600 thus far on coolant repairs - tank, outflow thingy, hoses.  I bought my Cruze in another state, and the Chev dealership near me is so unbelievably ____________, gosh I can't even think of an appropriate word (inept, rude, overcharging, so NON-customer service oriented, disrespectful) what's that word?  So I've had a mechanic working on it.

I'm so glad I found this forum, Ive learned a lot.  I'll be visiting the state where I purchased the car this weekend - the BEST Chev dealership in the country!!!! - (ok ok, I haven't visited every single one) and have made an appointment to take it in.  I carry coolant with me as the tank looses coolant quickly, and I was once stranded on the interstate for an hour in a not-so-safe locale.  I love my Cruze, but I'm a senior and can't afford recurring repairs, is why I bought a new car. 

#66 OFFLINE   slvanness

slvanness

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • Current Vehicle:yes
  • Interests:non

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

My car is a 2011 and it started doing the exact same thing just a few days ago. It scared me to death when everything started happening. I don't understand how it could be fine one minute and so messed up the next.

I've had one problem after another with this car since day one. It's so depressing to finally get a new car and have so many things go wrong. We checked for leaks and found none and we've added coolant and it just 

seems to evaporate into thin air almost as soon as you add it. Our car only has 35,000 miles so it should still have a little life left in it yet. I'm hoping someone can please help us with this issue. Thanks so very much.

Edited by slvanness, 01 October 2017 - 04:34 PM.

#67 OFFLINE   Eckserah

Eckserah

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • My Cruze's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Chevy Cruze Eco
  • Interests:Computers

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

I literally just registered because of this same issue. I have been having coolant leaks for over 2 years that they were unable to identify. now that my bumper to bumper warranty is expired they say i have to pay to get it fixed. The hose connecting the water outlet to the coolant reservoir has a connector on the end. that connector literally broke in half about halfway up. after removing the clip the nozzle that should be inside of the water outlet no longer exists as if it either disintegrated or broke off inside. i had just pulled into work when my car started smoking or steaming. i opened the hood and saw where the steam was coming from. after moving closer to look it started just pouring out steam so i backed away and if i hadn't been as fast to move as i was i would have been severely injured as the connector literally exploded shooting out boiling hot coolant which i did get on my arm but only a few drops. im currently nursing 1st to 2nd degree burns on those spots. I don't feel like i should have to pay for this since i brought this in many times and they never were able to find anything. I'm forced to pay for the hose to be replaced because if i don't i don't have a car until i hear back from chevy customer care which could take up to 2 business days. this is just ridiculous.

album of images of the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/mrgPx

#68 OFFLINE   trich137666

trich137666

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Chevrolet Eco
  • Interests:Technology of all kinds, car's that work good without recalls, God & The good ole US of A....

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

I bought a 2011 Cruze Eco about 2 months ago, used with 135,000 miles, and it has some of the same symptoms that are talked about in this forum.... Since I bought it used from a non-dealership is there any recall letters I can get....?17 - 1.jpg

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·