Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cruze 2010 diesel MT problem

turbo whistle waranty please help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nedelcu Alexandru

Nedelcu Alexandru

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

Hi everyone, i own a 2010 Cruze diesel and about one week ago i noticed a whistling sound from the engine from idle to 1500 rpm when accelerating , the car has extended warranty that expires on the 15 of february , i went to the dealer but they say that it is nothing wrong with the car. I really think that the sound is coming from the turbo. I am afraid that they say the car is ok just to get rid of me as i have only one month of warranty. Can someone please give me an advice ? The car has 176500 km , i have no mods or tunnig aplied and never had. Thank you. I forgot to mention that besides the whistle noise from idle to 1000 rpm the sound of the engine is deeper and after 1000 rpm it gets normal. In december i had to take it to service because of a faulty differential pressure sensor on the dpf , the car was in regen mode and wont stop doing it . I don't know if this is related to the sounds i am hearing now. Thank you again !

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Lagaffe

Lagaffe

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:MY12 2.0VCDI 163hp Auto

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

Have you tried to lift the hood, and search for that whistling sound, while someone is inside the car revving it ? ... it also might be something wrong with all the intake piping, and your car, has a lot of that !

#3 OFFLINE   Nedelcu Alexandru

Nedelcu Alexandru

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

Ive been at the dealer's service and theyve done that ... But found nothing , i did a fulk revision in december do you think that it could be a bad air filter ?? Or something like that

#4 OFFLINE   Lagaffe

Lagaffe

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:MY12 2.0VCDI 163hp Auto

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

Have you ever replaced the exhaust ? you've mentioned about a problem with a DPF, they might have messed with the exhaust, and might be a leakage somewhere along the exhaust line it would explain that "weird noises" ... Bad air filter, IMHO, doesn't sound like.

If I where you, I would insist on a solution for this problem, and if your dealer refuses to search for the problem, them take it somewhere else, or take someone in for a drive and make them listen that noise.

• mick15 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:40 AM

Life of a turbo charger is limited and when the turbine goes out of balance of the bearings wear out the turbo starts to whistle according to engine revs. check if there is oil residue after the turbo, mainly in the intercooler and the piping. If there is oil then the turbo seals are leaking and eventually the oil burns onto the turbine blades and it goes out of balance.

Make sure the dealer has documented your complaint, and ask for a copy, at least in Australia that is enough for them to have to repair after the warranty has run out. The fact that the dealer has not wanted to repair it during warranty period means nothing, the fact that the fault is there BEFORE warranty runs out,means everything. 

Install a boost gauge so you can see if there are changes, whistling can sometimes be caused by a leaky hose as well and if it is large enough you see a drop in boost pressure. Cruze Diesels give 1.4 BARs boost when new.

Edited by diesel, 25 September 2015 - 02:48 AM.

• mick15 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·