Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Radio/TCS Issues - Please Help

Radio TCS StabiliTrak 2013 Eco New Owner

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rueter

Rueter

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Chevy Cruze
  • Interests:Marketing/advertising, music, automotive work.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

I bought this 2013 Cruze Eco in late October of 2014 with only 19,000 miles on it and now after just turning over 22K, it looks like our Cruze is part of this StabiliTrak plague that GM has started. Lately, our touch screen radio has been cutting out and turning itself off and has been happening more frequently. I’ve only experienced this one time (my wife is the primary driver) when backing it in at home, but then this morning on my way in to work, it happened seven times. One of which was noticeably longer than the other times and I saw the StabiliTrak message flash quickly but it went away and the radio turned back on. I took multiple videos of the occurance this morning for proof to the dealership if they cannot replicate the problem.

Last night, my wife called me on her way into work to tell me that the radio wasn’t turning on at all and then a message came up on the DIC either stating “service traction control” or "service StabiliTrak" (I can't recall which one she said) and the brake light and the ABS light were on and flashing. I tried researching this last night, but all I could find were a bunch of people complaining about experiencing similar problems, but not much on what actually causes it or any troubleshooting options. Is this occuring because of something interrupting the signal to the ECM? From what I read, it seems that when this message appears, all ABS and traction control systems are disabled, so that doesn’t make me very happy when my wife is the primary driver and it’s the middle of winter in the midwest.

We’re still under the GM warranty as well as the one from the dealership, so I’m hoping this will be covered for the most part at least. I just want to know as much about this as I can before calling them to schedule servicing for this weekend. I’ve seen that many people’s dealerships say they couldn’t replicate the problem and basically shrug their shoulders, so I’m certainly going to get copies of every service appointments we have to make. There’s no reason we should be having so many problems with a new car. I work for an aftermarket supplier of certified GM parts for all model year Corvettes and have been well familiar with GM and especially Chevrolet, so I'm hoping that this experience can be cleared up without soiling each of those names for me.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. From checking this forum before joining and making this post, I can see many other people are having issues with both of these problems and I'm one of the lucky ones who get to deal with both at the same time.

Thanks.

Cruze.jpg

• mick15 likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Rueter

Rueter

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

Upon further reading, this sounds like it will lead to MUCH more serious problems involving loss of power steering among many other things. If anybody knows any more on this topic, please let me know. I know now that my wife will be driving my Jeep until this gets addressed.

#3 OFFLINE   Rueter

Rueter

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Well, after talking with Paul Koerner a bit today, I feel better about my coverage at least. It looks like some people have had a little bit of luck with fixing this issue by having the battery cables replaced. I will have my dealership flash and reflash both the ECM and BCM, something isn't getting the right signal somewhere in the communication of relays.

For the many other people with this problem, I'm betting that there is a faulty ground that is the source of this issue. If the the ground is faulty, the current tries to cycle back there but isn't connecting and who knows where that current ends up. If that isn't the issue, having the ECM and BCM flashed and reflashed by your dealership may help. With newer cars with low miles, they're still learning the ropes and the computers have to be broken in. So, if it starts getting bad readings from something like a faulty ground, the computer will continue to think that is normal until the system is flashed.

That is my best bet after talking with a veteran world class GM sertified technician. So thank you to the overwhelming amount of input from everyone on this forum. :waiting: I hope this thread of talking to myself is able to help someone else having this issue somehow.

Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 3:52 PM
To: Nick Rueter
Subject: RE: FW: GM StabiliTrak

Nick,

To the Cruze in question.

It is GM certified used car to mileage 48022 or 12/12/2017.

That means that if your mileage is under that, you are covered for almost everything, including diagnosis and repair of issues like this.  There are a few things not, but it is VERY comprehensive.

#2 There are 3 special policy coverage items on this vehicle.  Rack and pinion, water pump and negative battery cable are all covered to at least 120,000 and 2023

#3  Normally, these systems are reliable, however, I have seen some steering wheel position sensor issues and ABS  reluctor wheels create issues.  Because it says service traction control, I am more looking at an ABS sensor, reluctor or hub bearing.

Accurate diagnostic trouble codes will tell us much more, but since you are under the 48022 mileage, you most likely will be covered for diagnosis and repair.

FYI: REQUEST ALL DTC AND ESTIMATE INFORMATION PRIOR TO REPAIR TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION.

They may ask you for one hours diagnosis authorization but that is not uncommon until they KNOW it is covered by GM, then you dont pay a thing if it is a covered item.

Professionally, Paul Koerner

#4 OFFLINE   Chevy Cust Service

Chevy Cust Service

Cruze Member

• Official Chevrolet
  • 249 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Cruze

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

I bought this 2013 Cruze Eco in late October of 2014 with only 19,000 miles on it and now after just turning over 22K, it looks like our Cruze is part of this StabiliTrak plague that GM has started. Lately, our touch screen radio has been cutting out and turning itself off and has been happening more frequently. I’ve only experienced this one time (my wife is the primary driver) when backing it in at home, but then this morning on my way in to work, it happened seven times. One of which was noticeably longer than the other times and I saw the StabiliTrak message flash quickly but it went away and the radio turned back on. I took multiple videos of the occurance this morning for proof to the dealership if they cannot replicate the problem.

Last night, my wife called me on her way into work to tell me that the radio wasn’t turning on at all and then a message came up on the DIC either stating “service traction control” or "service StabiliTrak" (I can't recall which one she said) and the brake light and the ABS light were on and flashing. I tried researching this last night, but all I could find were a bunch of people complaining about experiencing similar problems, but not much on what actually causes it or any troubleshooting options. Is this occuring because of something interrupting the signal to the ECM? From what I read, it seems that when this message appears, all ABS and traction control systems are disabled, so that doesn’t make me very happy when my wife is the primary driver and it’s the middle of winter in the midwest.

We’re still under the GM warranty as well as the one from the dealership, so I’m hoping this will be covered for the most part at least. I just want to know as much about this as I can before calling them to schedule servicing for this weekend. I’ve seen that many people’s dealerships say they couldn’t replicate the problem and basically shrug their shoulders, so I’m certainly going to get copies of every service appointments we have to make. There’s no reason we should be having so many problems with a new car. I work for an aftermarket supplier of certified GM parts for all model year Corvettes and have been well familiar with GM and especially Chevrolet, so I'm hoping that this experience can be cleared up without soiling each of those names for me.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. From checking this forum before joining and making this post, I can see many other people are having issues with both of these problems and I'm one of the lucky ones who get to deal with both at the same time.

Thanks.

attachicon.gifCruze.jpg

Hey Rueter,

We certainly recognize these concerns, and would be more than happy to assist you into the dealership with this. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the dealership you use. I look forward to hearing from you soon! 

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

~Chevrolet Customer Service

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/pr...-statement.html

#5 OFFLINE   vinod_vb

vinod_vb

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • My Cruze's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze
  • Interests:Drive

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

I am having the same problem after the recall. Radio has been constantly turning itself off and the "Service Stabilitrak" message comes up occasionally. have this been fixed or root cause identified? 

#6 OFFLINE   Jessy Gobeil

Jessy Gobeil

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • Current Vehicle:chevy cruze ltz 2011
  • Interests:Driving

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:22 PM

Also having this issue nothing comes on at all the screen is just blank has been for over a week now . It started with jut turning on and off when it pleased now it doesn't work at all please someone help . 2011 Chevy Cruze ltz 85,000 clicks

#7 OFFLINE   Max

Max

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:38 PM

sorry maybe the company can help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Radio, TCS, StabiliTrak, 2013 Eco, New Owner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·