Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

StabiliTrak & Radio Defects

StabiliTrak TCS Radio 2013 Eco Need Help

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Shannon7797

Shannon7797

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze's Year:2014
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze
  • Interests:Finding out what is wrong with my teenage daughters Cruze

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

My 18 year old daughter just purchased a 2014 Cruze with less than 25000 miles. Not even 24 hours and she has the same 2 error messages I have seen here. She could not get the key out either. I have seen other issues people have had here related to this and now I am worried. I had a Sonic that turned in to the worst piece of crap car I have ever seen. I am worried after what I have seen here and my other Chevy experience. Some of the things I have seen here are dangerous. What has to happen for a recall on this matter? Does someone have to die with one of these issues? Chevy should do the right thing and do a recall before someone gets hurt. I pray to good we can figure this out and it's not my child. Shame on you Chevy, you need to make this issue right.
  • mick15 likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 OFFLINE   AdamCase

AdamCase

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy Cruze
  • Interests:Information Technology

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

My 2014 is doing a similar thing. Radio goes on and off, service Stabilitrak comes on and power steering stops working. Help?

#63 OFFLINE   grs1961

grs1961

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Region:Australia and Oceania
  • Current Vehicle:Holden JG Cruze CD Diesel
  • Interests:.

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:14 AM

Have you had the negative battery cable fix applied by your dealer?

168124.png

#64 OFFLINE   Tear

Tear

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

Doug's information regarding the various modules and possible voltage variations got me to thinking about the electrical installations in modern cars and particularly the CANBUS system which  can be difficult to circumvent. Most of modern lighting systems are CANBUS related and many of us, seeing the advantages of LED lights, have purchased CANBUS LED bulbs which have a load resistor built into them, which is 'supposed' to trick the system into thinking they are normal bulbs. The CANBUS circuit (as I understand it) senses the individual components which must operate within a narrow voltage band. When out of sync, they signal a failure which can cause flashing of the affected bulbs and knocking the circuits out of balance.

I do however have some difficulties understanding how a lamp that is not switched on, can affect a series of control lights with which it should not be associated??

• mick15 likes this

#65 OFFLINE   Mandi

Mandi

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Cruze RS, 2004 Mazda RX-8, 2004 Ford F350 SuperDuty
  • Interests:Family & farm. Proud USAF mom.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

My 2014 Cruze RS is at the local dealership now after radio and dash lights intermittently cutting in & out for 2 weeks, then Monday the Service Stabilitrak light flashed 2x. Luckily googling the issue landed me here before anything worse could happen. Found the Special Service Coverage #14311 regarding the negative battery cable & grounding and sent that to the dealer to be sure this is the issue they address and fully cover it. Hoping this is a complete fix to the issue. Have not been a user of My Chevrolet but I sure will now since the Service Bulletins show up there under warranty tracker....looks like there are 2 more out there on my car, but no problems in those arenas so far. 

**edited to add dealership changing battery cables has fixed problem so far**

Edited by Mandi, 28 August 2017 - 01:11 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: StabiliTrak, TCS, Radio, 2013 Eco, Need Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·