Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Chevrolet Cruze reliability - let's get better info

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:11 PM

I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to report on new cars sooner then track them closely as they age.

The Cruze is an important new model for GM, and I'd like to have reliability stats on it as soon as possible. Just a matter of getting enough owners involved.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Cruze, for free. I'll share results for the Cruze in this thread after each update.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research
TrueDelta.com
Car reliability and real-world fuel economy

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   JOliver

JOliver

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

True Delta is a great resource. I look forward to the reports.

#3 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

Thanks. I'm also lookiing forward to having results for the Cruze--but we need more owners involved for these to happen.
TrueDelta.com

#4 OFFLINE   70AARCUDA

70AARCUDA

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

...I've been posting information on TrueDelta for our last four vehicles (2011 Cruze, 2009 Vibe, 2004 Vibe, 1999 Malibu).

...it's both interesting and informative to see what "other" people are getting for fuel economy and to learn what components or services they're having repaired...and *why*.

...Howdy, Mr Karesh...I'm "everywhere"...and, likewise..."nowhere."

#5 OFFLINE   silvio

silvio

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

Thanks. I'm also lookiing forward to having results for the Cruze--but we need more owners involved for these to happen.

Result are really bad I bought my cruze 3 week ago in bangkok thailand the car has defects turns alone on the left have problem with air contion very noisy the motor also very noisy, after one week there were water evaporated in the lights of behind the car.
They had to fix it 3 times in one week and still has problem now the car turns alone on the right. I have payed for a car from a month now and I cannot use it.
The service it is the worst chevrolet also doesn t want to change the defected car and will not pay back the 25% payment down if you refuse the car. Just don t buy it go for Honda or Toyota not comparison!!!

#6 OFFLINE   Taffy_CS

Taffy_CS

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze CS
  • Interests:BTCC, WTCC, DTM, WRC, F1, Detailing and The Dukes Of Hazzard!!!!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

Silvio, it looks like you've got a duff one my friend.

HERE is more proof an how good Chevrolet's are! :happy feet:

Paul.
2010 Cruze LT, 2.0 TD, Morrocan Blue with CS Kit (Lowered Suspension, Boot Spoiler, White 18" Alloys), Ally door pins. Carbon Fibre Door Trims. Illuminated sill trims. Chrome Indicator bulbs. LED Interior bulbs.

CHECK OUT MY CARBON FIBRE EFFECT BADGES AND TRIMS AND GLOSS BLACK BADGES I HAVE FOR SALE ON EBAY (mantacrazy)

Posted Image Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

Silvio, it looks like you've got a duff one my friend.

HERE is more proof an how good Chevrolet's are! :happy feet:

Paul.

Very impressive and I support that report, I have not had any problems with my Cruze that has taken it out of traffic.

#8 OFFLINE   cufarmer

cufarmer

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:hot chicks and fuel economy

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

Result are really bad I bought my cruze 3 week ago in bangkok thailand the car has defects turns alone on the left have problem with air contion very noisy the motor also very noisy, after one week there were water evaporated in the lights of behind the car.
They had to fix it 3 times in one week and still has problem now the car turns alone on the right. I have payed for a car from a month now and I cannot use it.
The service it is the worst chevrolet also doesn t want to change the defected car and will not pay back the 25% payment down if you refuse the car. Just don t buy it go for Honda or Toyota not comparison!!!

By design, the cruze is an awesome car. Mine is built in the United States so I have faith it will be reliable and that GM will honor the 100,000 mile factory warranty without hesitation.

Silvio, Your Thia Cruze, where is it built? I would assume that is going to play a role in its reliability. Also, which motor and transmission do you have? What is the factory warranty length?
Thanks in advance.

#9 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

We'll have an initial reliability stat for the Cruze later this month. Everyone who has been helping, thanks, I truly appreciate it.

We have a decent sample size, but with more participants we would be able to provide more precise information. To sign up to help:

Car reliability survey
TrueDelta.com

#10 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

We have an updated reliability stat for the Chevrolet Cruze based on owner experiences through June 30, 2011.

With a reported repair frequency of 51 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze is about average.

We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and include all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet Cruze reliability ratings and comparisons
TrueDelta.com

#11 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

We have an updated reliability stat for the Chevrolet Cruze based on owner experiences through December 31, 2011. (Other sources only have data through April 2011, so they misrepresent how reliable the Cruze has been recently.)

With a reported repair frequency of 27 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze remains better than average. More recently produced cars have required fewer repairs than earlier ones.

We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and include all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

TrueDelta.com

#12 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

We have updated reliability stats for the Chevrolet Cruze based on owner experiences through June 30, 2012.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2012: 26

2011: 34

Both are better than average.

we have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

For the 2011 these are 78 and < 1, respectively.

We'll have further updates in November and February. With more owners involved, we could provide more precise information and include all model years.

TrueDelta.com

#13 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

We have updated reliability stats for the Chevrolet Cruze based on owner experiences through September 30, 2012. 

2012: 34

2011: 43

Both are about average on a stricter revised scale.

we have two additional  statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

For the 2011 these are 70 and 3, respectively.

We'll have further updates in February and May. 

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

TrueDelta.com

#14 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Cruze to include owner experiences through March 31, 2013. 

2012 Cruze: 36, moderate
2011 Cruze: 40, moderate

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2012 Cruze: 79, < 1
2011 Cruze: 65, < 1

We'll have further updates in August and in November. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

TrueDelta.com

#15 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Cruze to include owner experiences through June 30, 2013. (Another source is about 14 months behind.) 

2012 Cruze: 39, moderate
2011 Cruze: 43, moderate

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2012 Cruze: 70, < 1
2011 Cruze: 68, < 1

We'll have further updates in November and February. 

To view competitors' scores and descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help: 

• mick15 likes this
TrueDelta.com

#16 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Cruze to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013. 

2013 Cruze: 42, moderate, small sample size
2012 Cruze: 47, moderate
2011 Cruze: 42, moderate

2012 Cruze: 58, < 1
2011 Cruze: 64, < 1

We'll have further updates in February and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

• mick15 likes this
TrueDelta.com

#17 OFFLINE   javifriends

javifriends

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Central America
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet
  • Interests:Luxury Cars, travel

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

For me the report might not reach 100% at the moment, but if a reliable report.

Pasión por los coches de lujo Chevrolet.

#18 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Cruze to include owner experiences through December 31, 2013. 

2013 Cruze: 34, moderate, small sample size
2012 Cruze: 57, high
2011 Cruze: 42, moderate

2012 Cruze: 57, < 1
2011 Cruze: 74, < 1

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see the repairs behind these stats, and to sign up to help improve this information: 

TrueDelta.com

#19 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Our reliability stats for the Cruze now include owner experiences through March 31, 2014, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources. 

2014 Cruze: 22, low, small sample size
2013 Cruze: 24, low, small sample size
2012 Cruze: 58, moderate
2011 Cruze: 50, moderate

2012 Cruze: 60, 3
2011 Cruze: 70, 3

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

TrueDelta.com

#20 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

We've updated our reliability stats for the Cruze to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014 (making them about 14 months ahead of some others). 

2014 Cruze: 24, low, small sample size
2013 Cruze: 16, low
2012 Cruze: 55, moderate
2011 Cruze: 52, moderate

2012 Cruze: 59, 3

Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information: 

TrueDelta.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·