Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Things You dislike / hate about the Cruze

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Alien

Alien

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

Here is a list of things that come to mind that I dislike / hate about the my cruze:

• Hot air from vents even though its cool outside
  • No light around the ignition hole to see where your putting the key resulting in some minor scratches around key hole
  • unable to dim centre dash display and reflecting the windscreen at night
  • lack of take off power
  • rearview mirror vibrates with music playing
  • no foot rest

My cruze is the Australian CDX 1.8 model I bought in April 2010.
  • ProDigit likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   CruzeFIN

CruzeFIN

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:45 AM

- Seats emitted sounds(can be fixed by adjusting seats, but still.... annoying)
- Eeasily scratching interior. I think the key hole is quite easy to keep clean, cause you just have to be careful there and you know it, but cause the same plastic(or whatever) is other places too your passengers can easily scrathc doors etc. cause

Cruze 1.8 LT, since 9/2010

#3 OFFLINE   Cruzerinriyadh

Cruzerinriyadh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Arsenal F.C, football.

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:28 AM

The squeaking/creaking/howling (whichever way you want to describe it) noise when reversing at times. It's annoying the most when your in a crowd and they've been drooling at the new cruze and then this happens! :banghead:

Everyone's complaining on the plastics, but i compare them to the competition and don't think it's too bad, especially for the price.
  • stafrace_d and Munzer like this

#4 OFFLINE   Tear

Tear

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

Erratic Diesel Particle Filter
Dreadful Fuel consumption (2.0L Diesel)
Appalling Handbook
Automatic Air Conditioning that isn't Automatic!
Illogical Controls for Lighting
Instrumentation hardly visible in daylight.

#5 OFFLINE   ANTONIUS

ANTONIUS

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Here is a list of things that come to mind that I dislike / hate about the my cruze:

• Hot air from vents even though its cool outside
  • No light around the ignition hole to see where your putting the key resulting in some minor scratches around key hole
  • unable to dim centre dash display and reflecting the windscreen at night
  • lack of take off power
  • rearview mirror vibrates with music playing
  • no foot rest

My cruze is the Australian CDX 1.8 model I bought in April 2010.

There should be dimming knob next to lights levelling knob

#6 OFFLINE   ChevyCruzeBE

ChevyCruzeBE

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT 1800CC MY2010
  • Interests:It once was Chevrolet and US cars , now it is WWI WWII and pre Roman Western Europe...

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

I get the feeling some people don't read the manuals if something does not work or seems not to be working.
  • fbodyman01 likes this
Let's Cruze !!!!

#7 OFFLINE   tomcruze

tomcruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

i bought my cruze a motnh before it even came to ontario...i regret it so much.

accelaration is weak...unsafe when making a left turn at a busy interesection. the hesitation is nerve racking.

noises coming from the steering column.

they said in their brochure that it had aux/usb inside the arm rest for the LS+ model....only aux was found.

poor heating ventilation.

i can already tell that this car will start to deteriorate after 4 years no matter how careful i will be in trying to maintain it.

bolt pattern is 5 x 105??? what after market rims offer this size now a days?? a YUGO!!

i should have just went with the 2011 jetta or waited for the 2012 focus...what was i thinking.

only plus side to this car is that it has great styling...thats about it.

#8 OFFLINE   nevian

nevian

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:36 AM

accelaration is weak...unsafe when making a left turn at a busy interesection. the hesitation is nerve racking.

noises coming from the steering column.

they said in their brochure that it had aux/usb inside the arm rest for the LS+ model....only aux was found.

poor heating ventilation.

i can already tell that this car will start to deteriorate after 4 years no matter how careful i will be in trying to maintain it.

bolt pattern is 5 x 105??? what after market rims offer this size now a days?? a YUGO!!

i should have just went with the 2011 jetta or waited for the 2012 focus...what was i thinking.

only plus side to this car is that it has great styling...thats about it.

Not even Yugo has that bolt pattern, however the new opel astra and meriva do.

#9 OFFLINE   tomcruze

tomcruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

Not even Yugo has that bolt pattern, however the new opel astra and meriva do.

lol..great, i'm with good company (astra, meriva)

forgot to mention that every morning just before i leave my driveway to go to work, either way i turn my steering wheel (left - right), there is this annoying sound similar to a squeaky garage door opening. my car is only 3 weeks old!

#10 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

Bought my CDX Diesel in April 2010, so far my comments:

+ great cruising car, comfortable and smoothly
+surprisingly quiet for a diesel once you get it up to speed
+torque diesel engine and well matched auto gearbox
+economical, 6.7L/100km in mixed suburban and highway driving
+safety
+style
+less servicing required for the diesel

-radio functions drive me nuts, changing from AM to FM
-front suspension shutter when taking off from standing
-driving lights a bit dim being old H4 type

#11 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

I took the 1.8 for a test drive and found it dangerously slow. then the diesel... floored it up a steep hill... and bought one, automatic. fabulous, economical, engine makes bloky diesel crackle and clonk.

#12 OFFLINE   farbeyondsam

farbeyondsam

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

hi every one, I have a petrol 1.8 manual, the vibration in the manual transmission including the clutch pedal is annoying me since i bought the car. i pointed it out during my last service(15k). they did the test drive and apparently the guy felt nothing. it keeps increasing as the time passes. I had a mitsubishi lancer, it was vibration free and had great power drive. I can live with less power and cant live with vibration. Any ideas what to do? or any of u out there have it?

#13 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:41 AM

hi every one, I have a petrol 1.8 manual, the vibration in the manual transmission including the clutch pedal is annoying me since i bought the car. i pointed it out during my last service(15k). they did the test drive and apparently the guy felt nothing. it keeps increasing as the time passes. I had a mitsubishi lancer, it was vibration free and had great power drive. I can live with less power and cant live with vibration. Any ideas what to do? or any of u out there have it?

Keep complaining about it in every service, that way there is a record and may be covered by warranty even after warranty period is over. That is the consumer law in Australia. Holden is still learning about the car and they may have a fix later. They changed my Vectra altenator and timing belt tensioner after complaing about squeaking for three years, all under warranty. That must have been an expensive repair, it is a bastard of a place to do anything, the space is not even enough for light to shine in.
My Cruze front is "shuttering" when accellerating at low speed, it feels like the whole front is vibrating left to right few millimetres. The service guys knows about it but do not know how to fix it so I will continue to complain at every service.
  • farbeyondsam likes this

#14 OFFLINE   Foxy

Foxy

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

In one month I drove my Cruze 1,6 LS for 2500 km. I chose it because of the looks, the features and the price. It's looking like if I would have drawn it my self, it's offering a little bit more that you need to be simply comfy and satisfied while driving, costing 25% less than the New Astra or Jetta around here. I can't complain about the amount of plastic as long as a new Dacia Logan by Renault, the only one around that at a similar size costed pretty much the same, with less important features and HP on, but with much more plastic! My Cruze doesn't make weird noisses (and trust me, I know about noises! My old car got to 140000 km and I got to identifiy pretty much all the noises that a car can make in a life time with it!). If I shift gears under 3000 rpm stays in 7.5l/100km mixed (I live in the suburbs of Bucharest and learn and work in the big, ugly and crowded city). If I need power and hit the gas pedal it's making a scarry tornado in the fuel-tank, but gives what I ask. Nothing's free, isn't it?! :baby: Stays really well on the road in curves, no mather what direction, the air burns my skin after max. 5 km of driving and it's winter. All my light bulbs are were they are supposed to be and working. I'm expecting problems with suspensions, because the car is pretty stiff and the romanian roads are not at the level of the taxes we pay for them. :banghead: But this is a problem for any car arround here! Maybe I'm lucky, but I can not complain about the Cruze. At it's price it's really a good choice, in my opinion. My sister payd the same price for her Corsa D 1,3 diesel. Every 6 months went to service for various warranty problems. :rant2: Maybe sometimes it's like in that old romanian saying: "What you are fearing of now is what you will be facing later!". And when I remember my former boss, with his fancy ML that costed around 60000 euro and stayed in service for 1 month because one day, after 10000 km, it did not want to power on the engine and nobody could understand why.... I'm happy with my 11000 eur Cruze that starts at a quarter of a key-turn! :lol: Many happy miles to me and all of you! :)
  • dcs and Rogrigo like this

#15 OFFLINE   Cruzerinriyadh

Cruzerinriyadh

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Arsenal F.C, football.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

In one month I drove my Cruze 1,6 LS for 2500 km. I chose it because of the looks, the features and the price. It's looking like if I would have drawn it my self, it's offering a little bit more that you need to be simply comfy and satisfied while driving, costing 25% less than the New Astra or Jetta around here. I can't complain about the amount of plastic as long as a new Dacia Logan by Renault, the only one around that at a similar size costed pretty much the same, with less important features and HP on, but with much more plastic! My Cruze doesn't make weird noisses (and trust me, I know about noises! My old car got to 140000 km and I got to identifiy pretty much all the noises that a car can make in a life time with it!). If I shift gears under 3000 rpm stays in 7.5l/100km mixed (I live in the suburbs of Bucharest and learn and work in the big, ugly and crowded city). If I need power and hit the gas pedal it's making a scarry tornado in the fuel-tank, but gives what I ask. Nothing's free, isn't it?! :baby: Stays really well on the road in curves, no mather what direction, the air burns my skin after max. 5 km of driving and it's winter. All my light bulbs are were they are supposed to be and working. I'm expecting problems with suspensions, because the car is pretty stiff and the romanian roads are not at the level of the taxes we pay for them. :banghead: But this is a problem for any car arround here! Maybe I'm lucky, but I can not complain about the Cruze. At it's price it's really a good choice, in my opinion. My sister payd the same price for her Corsa D 1,3 diesel. Every 6 months went to service for various warranty problems. :rant2: Maybe sometimes it's like in that old romanian saying: "What you are fearing of now is what you will be facing later!". And when I remember my former boss, with his fancy ML that costed around 60000 euro and stayed in service for 1 month because one day, after 10000 km, it did not want to power on the engine and nobody could understand why.... I'm happy with my 11000 eur Cruze that starts at a quarter of a key-turn! :lol: Many happy miles to me and all of you! :)

Nice review Foxy... to many more happy miles.

#16 OFFLINE   dcs

dcs

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:01 AM

- Seats emitted sounds!!!
White Cruze 1.8 LS

#17 OFFLINE   ANTONIUS

ANTONIUS

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

I have some minor problems with this car, but what should expect from car this cheap. Enyway it is one of the best looking cars on the road. People seyng about cruze it looks posh or sexy car :)

Edited by ANTONIUS, 16 December 2010 - 04:05 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   ChevyCruzeBE

ChevyCruzeBE

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT 1800CC MY2010
  • Interests:It once was Chevrolet and US cars , now it is WWI WWII and pre Roman Western Europe...

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

Almost 1000 Km and no problem with the Cruze 1.8 LT the only problem I have is a dirty Cruze due to the winter weather.
Posted Image

Edited by ChevyCruzeBE, 16 December 2010 - 01:45 PM.

Let's Cruze !!!!

#19 OFFLINE   SerjuRO

SerjuRO

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:32 AM

Hi guys, I am pleased after all with my 1,6LS petrol Cruze...

Anyway, I have a few complains :
- lack of power on take off and passes unless you get over 3000- 3500 rpm and you are loaded with 4persons wich brings a lot more fuel consumption..........(sometimes 39,9 L/100km instant )
- clunking noises of the front suspension even on light bumps.
- relatively high petrol consumption (~10L/100km in town and ~ 7,5 outside town)
- oil leaks to the camshaft actuators(VVT), wich was quickly adderssse trough warranty)
- relatively small trunk (450Litres compared with 500+ litres on my former shorter car, Dacia Logan )
- hard and easy to scratch plastics.

Pluses :

- good looks
- good stability on curves
- great and usefull interior design
- great equipment for the price
2009 Cruze 1.6 LSplus (petrol)

#20 OFFLINE   INTIMIDAT3R

INTIMIDAT3R

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

We've had our Crystal Red Metallic 2011 Cruze LT/RS for about a month now.

Our only complaint is with the seats. They're hard as a freaking brick.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·