Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Things You dislike / hate about the Cruze

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   ChevyCruzeBE

ChevyCruzeBE

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT 1800CC MY2010
  • Interests:It once was Chevrolet and US cars , now it is WWI WWII and pre Roman Western Europe...

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

ChevyCruzeBE, does it means that you can't have navigation and listen to a CD at the same time?

I also think that in my unit I can't play a DVD with mp3 ... honestly, I don't even know if the cd player works, never tried to insert a cd of any kind.

In my users manual, the unit with the navigation system is the one with a SD/MCC card reader located next to the usb port. I guess that there are different nav units, depending on the MY.

Yes , my system has 1Gb of memory, the mapnav loads in the memory and it stay's in the memory when You remove the installation cd .
And You can listen to CD or to a DVD(with mp3) or a USB stick while You navigate .

The only minus thing is the mapnav I have holds only BENELUX and Mayor roads of Europe if I want to go to a place in France that is not on Mayor road I need to buy the detailed mapnav of France and it cost about 100€ .I don't have to remove the Benelux map , the map of France can i use from in the cd/dvd player.
  • Januszek45skaps likes this
Let's Cruze !!!!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#122 OFFLINE   grs1961

grs1961

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Region:Australia and Oceania
  • Current Vehicle:Holden JG Cruze CD Diesel
  • Interests:.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Okay, here's a picture Posted Imageof mine.

No Bluetooth or anything. It's not switched on, or it would have 36C in the top right slot.

FM band is from 87.5 to 108.0
AM band is from 522 to 1770

The CD player plays CD's, I haven't tried it with an MP3 disk.

168124.png

#123 OFFLINE   stlsamadams

stlsamadams

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain Region
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Chevrolet Cruze
  • Interests:bowling, exploring, meeting new people, tasting new and different beers mainly IPAs, just returned back to the US after living and working for three years in Dubai, United Arab Emirates to return back stateside to finish school in Phoenix.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

I hate the hubcaps... Crap even if its a lower end model it should have rims...

And I dislike not having a full size spare or at least room for a full size spare

2013 Chevrolet Cruze, 170 miles on the thing... Nothing else thus far

#124 OFFLINE   Shelby

Shelby

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

This is mine infocuruze004.jpg

My is the same...

Infact this is video showing 'engineering' mode.. You can check SW/HW versions and some other stuff to play with... Digital speedo and some tests.... You probably knew it but.. :)

Edited by Shelby, 03 February 2013 - 03:42 AM.

• ChevyCruzeBE likes this
Posted Image or Posted Image

#125 OFFLINE   C77

C77

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • My Cruze's Year:2010
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze S40 YZF750
  • Interests:C77

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

And I dislike not having a full size spare or at least room for a full size spare

I have both of them in my Cruze :shades:

#126 OFFLINE   John Manship

John Manship

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:South America
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Cruze LS

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hi all, was searching for a solution to a radio glitch on my Cruze (detailed below), and stumbled upon this site. Good place to post a rant! But I’ll post the positive stuff too.

I bought a 2012 1.8 LS and have had it for about 6 months now. I’ve had no issues with it, in fact am very pleased with the car. In Brazil cars are very expensive, and the Cruze is considered a high-end mid-level car, that will cost an upper middle class citizen over 50% of a year’s salary. (An equivalent comparison for a US Citizen is it would cost upward of $70,000).

Pros:

Very tight feel (for a non-sports car) I like the standard 6 speed trans., good tire size in comparison to the car size, which keep it on the road pretty well.

Quality leather for the seats and interior, love the tight seats.

Split fold-down rear seats are a plus, back seat armrest is also a good plus.

Very good response using alcohol, as a trade off to economy (very poor gas mileage using alcohol, but better acceleration and overall performance)

Cons:

No major complaints, but a few irritations; no gas pistons to hold the hood open. Long time since I had to use a fold-down support to hold open my hood. A step backwards, Uncool GM…

The trunk is spacious, but it has those old curved support brackets that limit how full you can load your trunk. My last car (2009 Vectra, also a very good car) had eliminated those making the trunk even more spacious. Now I’ve got them back in the Cruze. A step backwards, Uncool GM.

Very weird problem with the radio, although I don’t seem to find similar issues outside of Sao Paulo Brazil. When listening to a popular local station (KissFM), the radio will change frequencies pretty frequently to another station (always the same one – 104.something). This only happens when I’m listening to KissFM, and always switches to the same 104.x station. 2 friends who have the same car have the same problem, with the same station. Could be a simple fix (radio sw upgrade perhaps?) but I haven’t looked into it yet.

The car looks spacious, and I thought it was until I rode in the back seat. Not spacious.

The chrome on the front grill (the thin chrome strip that “circles” the grille) is starting to bubble and crack. Not a big deal, but still – not cool.

Very small separation between first gear and reverse (standard trans.) Although there is a safety link on the shaft of the stick shift, it’s not efficient. I’ve accidentally shifted to reverse a dozen times from a standstill at traffic lights. Almost had an accident a few times. This may have been only when the trans. was being broken in as it hasn’t happened in the past 2 months. Hopefully it won’t happen again.

The fog lights cannot be turned on without turning on the headlights. I would like to drive with only the fog lights on at dawn and cloudy days for safety, but I must turn on the headlights to use them. Unless I’m using them wrong, I’m not happy with this feature. Uncool GM, or in the case I just don’t know how to use them, uncool me. Either way, Someone is uncool, and I want it fixed.

Very short warning when low on gas. My LED indicator will light up, meaning “Hey, heads up”, and will begin blinking a few kilometers later, screaming “GET GAS NOW”. It doesn’t even give me time to be choosy about gas stations. Could be a non-issue for gasoline users as I only use alcohol, but it’s pretty annoying.

The little rubber-lined compartment in front of the gear shift is too shallow. It would be perfenct for my phone if it were an inch deeper, but the way it is I always hit my fingers on it when I shift. On the plus side, the “shelf” in front of the radio display has a good inward angle and holds my phone perfectly, but it lacks the rubber lining. No biggie.

WTF is up with the tiny armrest??

Don't like the DC plug location in the middle of my lower console. Have a big Garmin power plug sticking up which is annoying.

Looking back on my rant I see there are many more cons than pros, but overall I am very happy with the Cruze, the pros are far more significant than my picky cons. Would have preferred to pay US prices for it, but that’s a local issue.

• mick15 likes this

#127 OFFLINE   Minikin_Jo

Minikin_Jo

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze Eco
  • Interests:motorcycles--yes, I ride my own.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Some of the things I don't like are:

• the car has very little power (until the turbo finally kicks in),
  • the occasional thrust forward while braking (I posted elsewhere my issue with that, that cause an accident this summer),
  • the way my brakes squeak whenever I first start driving my car (usually within the first 500 ft after starting out),
  • there's this weird "crunch" sound as soon as I pull forward after starting my car (no clue where it comes from, the engine??? Never been a problem though, and that is the ONLY time I ever hear or notice it),
  • and I wish the big button that says "Pause/Play" would actually work for the iPhone...
  • in fact, I wish the whole hands-free experience was better.

• mick15 likes this

:wub: I'm not short, I'm fun-sized.

#128 OFFLINE   RockinEagle

RockinEagle

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:2012 Cruze Eco automatic
    26 mpg City
    51 mpg Hwy

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

After more than two years now, it's fair to say this car is pretty amazing... and the items that really are annoying are few... but do stand out strongly:

- the MAIN one is the stupid "logic" (illogic) in the Vent Control. EVERY time the fan is turned off, the vent Recycle goes OFF and the outside air inlet is opened Again. The worst thing about it is that it's a DAILY reminder of the stupidity of this design, since I don't generally need to have the fan on and blowing All The Time. ........ Is this something that can be changed in the computer programming, or already been changed with updates to the software in the car?

- car still rides rougher than I'd like. Chevy built the El Camino... why would it be so hard to give the Cruze that heavenly El Camino suspension/ride?

Other than those two things, the car really is a dream ^_^ ... My dealership has been sending me letters wanting to buy it back at nearly full price because it is such a hot item even as a used car... but then I stop to think... 'what would I have then? and where could i possibly get something with all these features and great mileage too?' ...

Yup... gotta keep it :)

• mick15 likes this

#129 OFFLINE   RockinEagle

RockinEagle

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
    26 mpg City
    51 mpg Hwy

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Airflow goes back to inlet on all cars-it's a safety feature

Just curious how that is a safety feature...?

#130 OFFLINE   mick15

mick15

Cruze Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Region:Europe
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze 2.0LT 150ps
  • Interests:cars and family

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Just curious how that is a safety feature...?

Sound's to me that Health & Safety has gone completely  mad  :headscratch:

Mick 15

#131 OFFLINE   adalton1985

adalton1985

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain Region
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Chevy Cruze LT

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

I have a 2013 Cruze LT model and wont buy another one in the future because of one major problem. I am disappointed that the Cruze did not include Apple's "Eyes Free" integration where you can control your iPhone with your car.  They included it in the junk models Spark and Sonic but not the more premium Cruze! GM are complete idiots if you ask me. Cruze owners now have to deal with the garbage Mylink system that has a horrible handsfree system, subpar bluetooth connectivity while using phone for controlling/streaming music and software that has bugs all around. If you use an iPhone, stay away from this car!

• mick15 likes this

#132 OFFLINE   RockinEagle

RockinEagle

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
    26 mpg City
    51 mpg Hwy

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:27 AM

Been a while since I updated here, so this is a brief comment re the current state of things:

Car is still doing very well, and still getting lots of inquiries from lots of car dealerships wanting to buy it back so they can sell it used, and sell me a new one! .. Offers average between 12k and 15k.

I'm on my THIRD key now... the first one must have been over-abused by the original dealership handling, since it only went about 15k miles. I'm now at 52k and that's when this latest key broke (metal fatigue). They probably aren't built very well either. Luckily it's a different story for the car, which (thankfully) is built well overall.

What you should know ABOUT THE KEY: When you buy a new key (about $60 to $110) the dealership can program it for you, or you can do it. Online forums and the owner's manual both offer suggestions. The owner's manual has a rather elaborate method, which doesn't work, at least it didn't for mine. Why? Because it says to use a little outlet to the top right of the shift handle, but when you pry up the cover, the Hole Is Blocked and Disabled.

Luckily there seems to be a reason for this (in the U.S. market at least)... a mechanic told me it's because the key programming method has changed since the manual was written.

To Program a New Key - gather ALL your keys and bring them IN to the driver's cabin of the vehicle while you are sitting there. Place all spare keys on the passenger seat. Place one good key into the dash and start the car. Let run for about 20 seconds, then shut off and quickly (within 5 or 10 seconds) place the NEW key into the dash and start the car normally. Let it run for at least 30 seconds, and your new key is now programmed!

Remember, if you order a new blank, it still needs to be CUT at the dealer or before it is shipped, to match your current key, and programming comes after that.

My only semi-major service has been a leaky water-pump, so they actually replaced that under warranty! Thank you Chevy! 

My original battery finally died too, though I did have to pay for that. It went very fast, hinting at trouble a time or two and then not starting at all on the 4th attempt. Battery was about $125. Took a while for the dash settings to come back, but they did. I did have the cabin AC filter changed also.

And so as I wrote previously, the main annoying thing about the car is still the GOOFY memory/lack thereof in the environment system, where if you turn the fan off, it ALWAYS forgets that I want air Recycled vs outside air (to maintain temperature better), until you turn the fan back on, where it Sometimes remembers the previous setting.

Hoping you all are enjoying your Cruze cars, and maybe they fixed this setting issue in later models :D

Good luck with the new keys!

• mick15 likes this

#133 OFFLINE   RockinEagle

RockinEagle

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
    26 mpg City
    51 mpg Hwy

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:02 AM

March 2016 Update - 56,000 miles, finally had the first 'real' issue not covered by warranty. After having the water pump replaced a few months ago (covered by warranty, it was leaking) started noticing a more prominent smell of coolant around the car. Turns out the reservoir and some plugs and hoses were leaking. The dealer said it's recommended to change some of these around the 60,000 mile mark anyway, so just a heads up to the other owners, these can indeed go bad around this time, unless Chevy improves the durability of these parts. Dealer said they had two other cars (a Malibu and another Cruze) in the shop for the same thing that day. Just around $225 for repairs. Other than that, car still running just fine!
  • mick15 likes this

#134 OFFLINE   feexorsese

feexorsese

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Canada Atlantic Provinces
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • Current Vehicle:09 Corvette
  • Interests:115423

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

Within the first 30 minutes of bringing my car home for the first time, I heard my neighbor yell to his neighbor, look at that, he just bought a Ferrari and hes a car guy-restores old cars Thats one of the things I love about the NSX, no one knows what it is.

#135 OFFLINE   martinsxx

martinsxx

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:sports

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Within the first 30 minutes of bringing my car home for the first time, I heard my neighbor yell to his neighbor, look at that, he just bought a Ferrari and hes a car guy-restores old cars Thats one of the things I love about the NSX, no one knows what it is.

NSX? This is a Chevy Cruze forum. What are you talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·