Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What mods first?

Modifications

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kyle50

Kyle50

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L Turbocharged
  • Interests:Mods

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

I want to start modifying my Cruze (2011 1.4L LT) but i'm not sure where to start, I know I would like to install eventually a cold air intake, a new intercooler, boost controller, bleed valve, bypass valve, blow off valve, new waste gate, o2 housing downpipe and midpipe and also a boost gauge...anddd eventually a tune to end it all out, but I am not sure where to start my modifications.

Can anyone help me out?

Attached Thumbnails

• CAR.jpg

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Rokkman

Rokkman

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • My Cruze's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cruze
  • Interests:.

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:47 AM

Consider working in stages of two and compensate/compliment one with another. 

Upgrading the turbo? Go ahead and do your headers/exhaust as well to keep up with the increased pressure in the block. 

Upgrading the intake system? Do the fuel injection as well to keep a good air/fuel ratio.

Also, by what you've got listed here it doesn't look like you've put much thought into the ride or sustainability of your engine. Ensure that as you're putting more and more pressure and stress on the block that you're taking the time and money to beef up any gaskets affected. If you're wanting to push 200+ horsepower you may also want to upgrade the suspension and/or braking system for safety reasons. If you can go faster then chances are you will, and if you're taking that 90 degree turn at 70 mph you'll want better suspension, or if you decide to see how quickly your new hardware and tune can get you from 0 to 60 but someone pulls out right in front of you, you'll probably want higher quality brakes to slow you quicker, more safely, and more effectively. 

**Note: Always be respectful of yourself and all of the other drivers on the road, whether tuning or not - don't put lives in jeopardy for a "good ride." Don't be wreckless and irresponsible, make sure that whatever you're doing, do it safely. Pay attention to local road conditions, traffic laws, and be mindful of others on the road. 

• mick15 and Lagaffe like this

#3 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:41 AM

Good words Rokkman, upgrading your car does not have to turn you into an idiot, just enjoy the work you do and share ideas with others. Doing mods is always a good way to learn about cars, giving satisfaction that way. And remember everything you do must have a reason, whether it is a cosmetic reason or will improve the performance, don't do things just because everyone else is doing it, keep your sense in it. And keep it legal, in many countries blow off valves are illegal. 

Highly qualified engineers have spend a lot of time making the car what it is, don't for a second think that you can easily make it better than they did. 

#4 OFFLINE   BoostedCruzeBoat12

BoostedCruzeBoat12

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • My Cruze's Year:2012
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Cruze Eco 6speed
  • Interests:Looking to improve it's sportiness while maintaining the functionality.. I want it to basically be a daily driven track monster..

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:06 AM

I'd start off with suspension or brakes. Than small stuff like exhaust and intakes. Starting out slow allows you to learn how each change affects the car. As the others said.. Keep safety in mind at all times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·