Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Chevrolet Begins Production Cruze RS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chevy Cruze Guide

Chevy Cruze Guide

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • My Cruze: mycruze

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

Posted Image
Chevy sold 5,048 Cruzes in October, the car's first month in showrooms.

Chevrolet Cruze Forum - General Motors Co. began production of a version of the Chevrolet Cruze compact car more than three weeks behind schedule because of quality issues that the company declined to specify.

Output of Cruzes with the optional RS appearance package began this week, Lesley Hettinger, a GM spokeswoman, said today in an telephone interview. GM’s plant in Lordstown, Ohio, was supposed to begin making the cars in early October, she said.

“There were some issues affecting the quality of the package, and in order to ensure that no vehicle leaves without meeting our standards, we held off until it was perfect,” Hettinger said. She declined to specify what caused the delays.

GM is counting on the Cruze to help make up ground on Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. in the compact car segment. The Detroit-based automaker sold 5,048 Cruzes in October, the car’s first month in showrooms. Toyota had 18,636 Corolla sales, and Honda sold 17,121 Civics.

The Cruze is "the workhorse" that’s going to carry GM, Don Johnson, the automaker’s vice president of U.S. sales, said on the company’s Nov. 3 conference call.

"We haven’t been as strong in cars, especially at the low- end, as we would have liked to have been, and Cruze is really going to be the game-changer in that regard," Johnson said. GM wants to “significantly increase” Cruze deliveries starting in November as dealers build inventories, he said. He didn’t give specific sales targets.

The Cruze starts at $16,995 and sells for as much as $22,695, according to a June 3 statement. The RS package includes “rocker moldings, unique front and rear fascias, front fog lamps, and rear spoiler,” GM said. READ MORE HERE.
Chevrolet Cruze Forum Team
Wyandotte, Michigan.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   KiwiCruze

KiwiCruze

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:36 AM

Posted Image
Chevy sold 5,048 Cruzes in October, the car's first month in showrooms.

Chevrolet Cruze Forum - General Motors Co. began production of a version of the Chevrolet Cruze compact car more than three weeks behind schedule because of quality issues that the company declined to specify.

Output of Cruzes with the optional RS appearance package began this week, Lesley Hettinger, a GM spokeswoman, said today in an telephone interview. GM’s plant in Lordstown, Ohio, was supposed to begin making the cars in early October, she said.

“There were some issues affecting the quality of the package, and in order to ensure that no vehicle leaves without meeting our standards, we held off until it was perfect,” Hettinger said. She declined to specify what caused the delays.

GM is counting on the Cruze to help make up ground on Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. in the compact car segment. The Detroit-based automaker sold 5,048 Cruzes in October, the car’s first month in showrooms. Toyota had 18,636 Corolla sales, and Honda sold 17,121 Civics.

The Cruze is "the workhorse" that’s going to carry GM, Don Johnson, the automaker’s vice president of U.S. sales, said on the company’s Nov. 3 conference call.

"We haven’t been as strong in cars, especially at the low- end, as we would have liked to have been, and Cruze is really going to be the game-changer in that regard," Johnson said. GM wants to “significantly increase” Cruze deliveries starting in November as dealers build inventories, he said. He didn’t give specific sales targets.

The Cruze starts at $16,995 and sells for as much as $22,695, according to a June 3 statement. The RS package includes “rocker moldings, unique front and rear fascias, front fog lamps, and rear spoiler,” GM said. READ MORE HERE.

Wicked looking edition.

With the CRUZE starting production in Australia in the coming months, it will be good to see what options HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) ads to the AU variant of the Cruze, we have already seen the hatch concept at the Paris Motor Show.....and i sure hope t hey put out a package like this for the sedan....mind you, I have mine current CRUZE for the immediate future, so I can't wait!!

KiwiCruze

#3 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

Wicked looking edition.

With the CRUZE starting production in Australia in the coming months, it will be good to see what options HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) ads to the AU variant of the Cruze, we have already seen the hatch concept at the Paris Motor Show.....and i sure hope t hey put out a package like this for the sedan....mind you, I have mine current CRUZE for the immediate future, so I can't wait!!

KiwiCruze

Unlikely that HSV will produce an upgraded version of the Cruze in 2011. It has been reported that there is not a suitable engine available which would warrant such model, not enough power. I hear that the new Australian made Cruze will have a locally mapped ECU which will eliminate the poor throttle response and poor take off performance of the Korean version. Hopefully that upgrade is available for 2010 models too otherwise I may have to upgrade to a new car next year. Lovely car this 2010 cruze but the lazy take off performance is very frustrating. I drive into my Vectra V6 every now and then and I am nailed to the seat evey time I take off from lights, in cruze I ruthlessly plant the "pedal to the metal" to clear the lights on green. Other cars are almost on the other side of the intersection before my Cruze even moves.

#4 OFFLINE   BrainHacker

BrainHacker

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

The Cruze RS appearance package includes unique fascias, rocker moldings, rear spoiler and foglamps. The cabin gets an uplevel instrument cluster with chrome accent rings.

#5 OFFLINE   BrainHacker

BrainHacker

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:58 AM

The Cruze RS package will add unique front and rear fascias, side skirts, front fog lamps, ‘RS’ badging and a rear spoiler to LT and LTZ trim level sedans, but does not include any mechanical or performance upgrades.
:happy feet: :shift:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·