Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Australian Cruze manufacturing ends today

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:04 AM

GM Holden will end Cruze manufacturing today 7th October 2016. Future Cruze models are imported and reportedly made in Korea, which is good news, they will be good quality. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   grs1961

grs1961

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:Australia and Oceania
  • Current Vehicle:Holden JG Cruze CD Diesel
  • Interests:.

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:33 AM

But given the low level of intelligence shown by those who are still at GM-H it is doubtful we will get a decent range of models.

Here are some lines that typify their attitudes:

• Australian don't buy diesels.  (We don't buy them because you don't supply them.)
  • Australians don't buy manuals.
  • Australians don't buy two-door vehicles...   Except for utes.
  • Australians don't buy convertibles.
  • Australians don't buy four-cylinder vehicles.  (I'll be honest, I haven't heard that one since the 1980s :))
  • Australians don't buy hatchbacks.

And so on.

• diesel and mick15 like this

168124.png

#3 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

But given the low level of intelligence shown by those who are still at GM-H it is doubtful we will get a decent range of models.

Here are some lines that typify their attitudes:

• Australian don't buy diesels.  (We don't buy them because you don't supply them.)
  • Australians don't buy manuals.
  • Australians don't buy two-door vehicles...   Except for utes.
  • Australians don't buy convertibles.
  • Australians don't buy four-cylinder vehicles.  (I'll be honest, I haven't heard that one since the 1980s :))
  • Australians don't buy hatchbacks.

And so on.

LOL grs61, my "sunday" car is a four cylinder, hatch, two door, manual. I almost completed your list except mine is a two litre turbo petrol, not a diesel. It is made in the West Germany by Opel and rebadged at Holden. 

Recently I had a look at the used VXR Opel Astra at local holden, they are incredibly cheap as a used car. Much cheaper than in Europe. If any Aussie wants a hot hatch go for those, they are a high quality performance cars. That just proves a point grs61 is making. 

I may add to grs61 list that hatches are bought by young blond girls and hairdressers, convertibles are bought by "look at me" personalities whom do not care about sucking in exhaust fumes, Diesels are bought by "wannabe truckies" or people whom do not care travelling slowly except diesels made by BMW, manuals are used by people whom are able to use a manual shifter and enjoy driving (not just steering) a car. What comes to four cylinder cars, many Aussies would not have a clue what is under the hood. Utes are bought by people whom do not care about impracticality and only get them because they think they are tough. Other reason is that they are tradies and that's a different story.

Then finally comes the five cylinder cars (Volvo T5), they are driven by people that are very different, they want to drive a car that is a wolf in a sheep's clothing. They do their research and are very knowledgeable what they drive. 

So what seems to be the most popular car on the road in Australia? a Toyota Camly, sorry Camry, they seem to be in front of you all the time. Nine out of ten cars you overtake are Camry's. 

• mick15 and grs1961 like this

#4 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:05 PM

It is regrettable that car manufacturing in Australia came to an end. Now they just import and rebadge cars so anyone buying a "Holden" should look carefully where the car comes from. But one of the contributors to that demise was the industry themselves. The salary cost was far too high to survive in the world market, the models they made were not meeting people's expectations. Commodore for instance had not fundamentally changed since early 1990. 

Perhaps there is a market for manufacturing horse carriages, that's where Holden started if I remember correctly. 

• mick15 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·