Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Loose" front suspension

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

yep the car's quite empty. luggage boot doesn't have anything except spare tire which i made sure is totally secured in place. i haven't checked the battery yet though. however, what i noticed is that the air-filter housing is quite loose (but i don't think it's that that's doing the noise.

It can, I have padded it tight with rubber foam strip, it vibrated badly and made the chassis shake including the rear view mirror. there is a posting about it in the diesel section.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   takksi

takksi

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:02 AM

It can, I have padded it tight with rubber foam strip, it vibrated badly and made the chassis shake including the rear view mirror. there is a posting about it in the diesel section.

The air-filter??? woah that's news! i'll check it out and try to pad it or tie it securely and see if it solves the problem then. i'll also look up the post you're telling me about.

#23 OFFLINE   nosidefcp

nosidefcp

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

Any news avout this?got the same problem, changed all 4 absorbers under warranty and the noises still there...anyone wuth a final conclusion?

#24 OFFLINE   takksi

takksi

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:05 AM

Any news avout this?got the same problem, changed all 4 absorbers under warranty and the noises still there...anyone wuth a final conclusion?

Not yet for me.... the actual thudding noise has decreased drastically and is only audible when I go through a long series of road imperfections/humps etc. However, the other rattling and noises and so on are still very audible in the car.

#25 OFFLINE   takksi

takksi

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

@diesel... could you give me a link to the post you mentioned pls? I cannot find it anywhere....

cheers mate

#26 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

@diesel... could you give me a link to the post you mentioned pls? I cannot find it anywhere....

cheers mate

It was a bit hard to find... HERE
it is.
Also the modification of air intake that helps the engine vibration and noise is HERE
These engine vibrations are related to the diesel engine resonance, not suspension noise on bumpy roads and may not help in your case.

#27 OFFLINE   darinr23

darinr23

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

I have had a thud or clunk noise too. Took it into the dealership they said it probably is an abs test for the brakes. Has anyone heard of this. It always happens when I hit ten mph. Then hear it. After fifteen minutes of sitting it does it again. Does anyone have any idea to this if that is valid being the ABS test. Or is it possibly they suspension what you all are relating too. Thanks any advice or ideas would be much appreciated.

#28 OFFLINE   SerjuRO

SerjuRO

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hi there, I am hearing also a clunk noise when I go into second gear...........It is coming from engine compartment...........
I was thinkikng that maybe it is some air ,,choke'' valve from the air intake system ot maybe the movement ( auto-calibrating) of the intake manifold (galery) wich
lenght is not constant, it is regulated to suit low or high RPM#s.........
2009 Cruze 1.6 LSplus (petrol)

#29 OFFLINE   cufarmer

cufarmer

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:hot chicks and fuel economy

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

Maybe stability control is cycling the brake on the front left or right on some of the bumps...like sensing a possible skid condition... just throwing a theory out there. I have not notice any noise.

#30 OFFLINE   takksi

takksi

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

nope - definitely not. It's a totally different noise than when the ESP kicks in.

#31 OFFLINE   ROZ

ROZ

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:23 AM

i have the same clunk when going to second gear. About rattling from front, brake calipers are too loose and thats it, you can shake them just by hand and you can clearly see that calipers are moving and too loose. Thats why this rattling sound when you drive bumpy roads or cobblestone roads. its freakin terrible.

#32 OFFLINE   Beaker

Beaker

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

I was poking around under mine today trying to find the noise and it appears to be the brake calipers. The slides that the caliper moves on on mine are very loose in the caliper bracket, like the hole is way bigger than the slide. Talking to the dealer to see what ideas they have for a fix but I think it would be as simple as finding the correct diameter slide for the bracket.

#33 OFFLINE   Haraga

Haraga

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

i would stick to the softer rubber replacement if it were up to me (obviously if that was actually the problem). i hope they'll solve it for me next week - and if they do i'll post what the problem was here for the benefit of whoever is experiencing the same problem as I am. Obviously this given that they actually tell me what was wrong :)

Takksi, any news if the bushing replacement had any effect on the suspension noise on your Cruze? I'm dying to hear if that was the culprit of the problem. After a year has passed, the thudding noise from the suspension has gotten worse on my Cruze and is now heard at the rear wheels as well. I am now fairly confident that we can limit the source of the problem to only those parts of the suspension that are common to both front and rear suspension. I'm taking my Cruze to the dealer's tomorrow for the first annual service and will request this problem is worked on until fixed (they were unable to fix it the first time I reported it).

Has anyone else had any success with this issue? Please share if you've had...

#34 OFFLINE   takksi

takksi

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

Takksi, any news if the bushing replacement had any effect on the suspension noise on your Cruze? I'm dying to hear if that was the culprit of the problem. After a year has passed, the thudding noise from the suspension has gotten worse on my Cruze and is now heard at the rear wheels as well. I am now fairly confident that we can limit the source of the problem to only those parts of the suspension that are common to both front and rear suspension. I'm taking my Cruze to the dealer's tomorrow for the first annual service and will request this problem is worked on until fixed (they were unable to fix it the first time I reported it).

Has anyone else had any success with this issue? Please share if you've had...

No mate - I got rid of the car....

#35 OFFLINE   Haraga

Haraga

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

No mate - I got rid of the car....

Man...I'm getting beyond frustrated...thanks and take care!

#36 OFFLINE   takksi

takksi

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

Man...I'm getting beyond frustrated...thanks and take care!

I understand 100%! It's the reason I actually got rid of it, noises here, noises there. It's a nice car and all, but build quality wasn't what I was hoping for...

#37 OFFLINE   Haraga

Haraga

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

I understand 100%! It's the reason I actually got rid of it, noises here, noises there. It's a nice car and all, but build quality wasn't what I was hoping for...

I hear you...but I'm still attached to it - got some design sketches of it way before Cruze even entered production and got to like it ever since, especially for its size, price, aggressive looks, and the interior. Its also an excellent platform for retrofit and custom design. Its just this damn noise... :)

Edited by Haraga, 17 November 2011 - 10:50 AM.

#38 OFFLINE   takksi

takksi

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

I hear you...but I'm still attached to it - got some design sketches of it way before Cruze even entered production and got to like it ever since, especially for its size, price, aggressive looks, and the interior. Its also an excellent platform for retrofit and custom design. Its just this damn noise... :)

I know what you mean exactly...

#39 OFFLINE   C77

C77

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • My Cruze's Year:2010
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze S40 YZF750
  • Interests:C77

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:56 AM

Any news about this?got the same problem, changed all 4 absorbers under warranty and the noises still there...anyone wuth a final conclusion?

Changing of shocks absorbers under warranty it's not any way to slove this problem,
especially you have some bad luck noise will be still active.
Many of new brand Cruzes has this problem already when they go out from factory.

This problem and ways to solve it out is like russian roulette - if you know what i mean
there are some ways to try to find some answers and solve it out
but there is not 100% sure that anything will change after this and noises gone.
Only one 100% good solution about this, which i know as effective is stil some secret,
but it works and that is proved on movie.
I got also some statistics from about 450-500 Cruze drivers in this case
so i know what i'm talking about.

#40 OFFLINE   Irvin Lambert

Irvin Lambert

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

i had the very same issues. the clunking noise was generated in the front brake calipers. i got it resolved by changing the brake clips and using some gel in the calipers to prevent any unwanted movement in there. the thomping noise might be the rubber between the body and the suspension. although i have already had my suspensions changed. i will have that checked out. my dealer told me that the suspension are stiff because they are sports suspensions for beta handling. am n mechanic so i jus have t take their word for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·