Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Cruze Owner Sadly Having Some Issues

Coolant thermostat Reservoir leaking Warranties available Service compliance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MrsLove

MrsLove

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • My Cruze's Year:2014
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Cruze LT
  • Interests:Information about the others experiences with the vehicle and dealing with the issues that I am experiencing. I love my Cruze and I just want to find out everything I can to ensure that it is taken care of properly.

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:31 PM

I have recently, less than a month ago, purchased a used 2014 Cruze LT with low mileage. I absolutely love my vehicle and was excited to buy it. I had no issues at all with it until about the 3 week mark. I baby my car and every sound heard, indicator light/message, fluid level, etc is checked immediately, some things daily just to be safe. So when I noticed my air conditioning diminishing in temperature and pressure, I had it checked out promptly. No issues were found, the only questionable thing noted was that my engine fan was getting louder and louder. I didn't have a chance to drive it for a few days but when I did I got the "AC Off Due to Engine Temp" warning message for the first time. Again, no issues were found when inspected. I tried to drive as infrequently as I could until I knew more. Then when I would drive I'd get the message again and again, with or without the AC actually being on. That soon lead to my first notification that my engine was overheating. I stopped immediately and checked in with OnStar to see if they could see anything going on through their diagnostics, like the other half dozen times I'd called, they said they saw nothing. I managed to get my car home safely where it sat until I could confirm a service appointment. On the 3 mile drive to the dealership, overheating warning came on again less than a mile away. Eventually I made it there, to discover my thermostat housing had literally melted down blocking the coolant valve and my water reservoir was defective, leaking pretty badly. I had spoken to Chevrolet via telephone several times throughout the week and that day but was never told of the problems that I now know I have warranties for due to defective equipment. I didn't buy my car from a GM or Chevrolet dealership, but I am going to have it repaired at one if I am able to get the cooperation from the company and/or dealership needed. I don't want to get another car, I want to be able to keep mine as long as possible but I'm having a difficult time getting a straight answer from anyone about how to proceed. I know that I have these problems and GM/Chevrolet is aware of these issues which lead to my car having the special coverage warranties it has in place. I just want it repaired or replaced so I can move forward. Anyone have any experience with these issues and/or how to make sure the repairs are covered by Chevrolet? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Lorrette

Lorrette

New Cruze Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Region:Europe
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Cruse SX 2011
  • Interests:Cars in general

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

That's unfortunate, I wish you luck with fixing this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·