Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Outside Ambient Temperature Sensor

Ambient Sensor Outside Ambient Temp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   greeneyes2699

greeneyes2699

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • My Cruze's Year:2014
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Chevy Cruz Lt 1.4L
  • Interests:Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Replacement

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze Lt 1.4L and the outside temperature sensor is bad.  I need to replace it but the dealership wants $205 for a diagnostic just to decide whether or not they will replace the sensor for me.  I have already purchased the sensor for $8.  I have only had the vehicle for a 2 years and have only put 11,500 miles on it since I bought it used.  There are only 32,000 miles on this vehicle but the original warranty is expired and I have been told that the 5yr/100K warranty does not apply for this repair.  Considering the continuous problems with this part I find it completely ridiculous that Chevy hasn't recalled this and repaired since it is such an inexpensive part.  The expense comes in trying to replace that part, for which the dealership could do relatively simply.  I emplore Chevy to contact me and advise either instructions on how to repair this issue, or have the local dealership perform the repair without the diagnostic.  This really gives Chevy a bad name and I have been a Chevy owner for over 20 years.  :-(  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   staff2

staff2

New Cruze Member

• Root Admin
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze's Year:None
  • My Cruze: mycruze

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:05 AM

How hard is this part to get to?  I have never changed one on a Cruze.

Chevrolet Cruze Forum Team
Wyandotte, Michigan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·