Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My New Used 2016 Cruze LT

replaced my 2007 Corolla S

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Galtha58

Galtha58

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • My Cruze's Year:2016
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Chevy Cruze
  • Interests:Rotary, firearms, dog training, computers, internet and more

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

Just purchased a 2016 Cruze LT with less than 9K miles on it. Got a pretty good deal on it and it has lots of bells and whistles. Some of which seem nice but I probably don't need: Sun roof, heated seats, enhanced displays and so on. Replaced my 2007 Corolla S after another car smashed into the rear end of my Corolla while I was stopped in traffic. The Corolla was totaled but insurance gave me a good buy out on it and I decided to buy a newer car. Started looking at Toyotas but got into a Chevy Cruze rental while waiting for the insurance company and the body shop to decide what to do. Liked the Cruze and found one that seems nice with low miles. Been reading the manual, checking on line and exploring the different functions that the car has. 

Retired now but my former career was as an automotive mechanic and then the owner of a small automotive repair shop that specialized in repair and rebuilding of automatic transmissions. Did not get too deep into the electronics before I retired but I have the basic knowledge of how that stuff works. I have dabbled in computers for a long time and I can usually figure out most mechanical, electrical and electronic puzzles. Though it sometimes takes me a while and I sometimes need some help or direction from online sources or other people that I know in the auto repair business. As I get older I don't want to work on my own car as much as I did when I was younger though. 

I also have a few hobbies and other things that keep me pretty busy for a "retired guy". Another reason to take my car to the shop if I can't figure something out right away or get frustrated with a problem. Hopefully my 2016 Cruze LT won't need too much for some time and I can just enjoy driving it, getting the oil changed, do the regular maintenance and fill it with gas as needed. 

Hope to be able to find out more about my Cruze from this forum and maybe make a few online friends. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·