Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transmission shifts out of drive in cold weather

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CruzeRShatch

CruzeRShatch

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • My Cruze's Year:2017
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Cruze RS Hatchback, 1980 Chevy Citation
  • Interests:Cas

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

Hey! I'm having an issue with my 2017 Cruze hatchback. The other day the car cycled though the locking cycle while driving while doing this the car seems to shift into neutral. It says it's in drive but the car revs up then shifts back into gear. The d indicator flashes then once it shifts back into gear it stops. It only seems to do it when it is cold then when it gets to operating temp it's fine. Anyone else having this issue? The dealer is 30 miles away so by the time I got there the car didn't do it.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   yegerdes

yegerdes

New Cruze Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:North Africa
  • My Cruze's Year:2009
  • Current Vehicle:Kawasaki ZX 14
  • Interests:122242

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:19 AM

Текстильное декорирование интерьера Более 15 лет компания «Денье» создает для вас настроение и стиль интерьера, отражающие вашу индивидуальность. Для вас трудится дружная и опытная команда профессионалов. Декорирование и пошив текстиля – наша страсть и вдохновение, поэтому вы получаете изделия высокого качества и в краткие сроки. Мы готовы предложить вам большой выбор тканей и декора, изготовить для вас: шторы, ламбрекены, покрывала и подушки, скатерти, напероны, салфетки, фуршетные юбки, чехлы на стулья и мебель. Каждый клиент и заказ – индивидуальная работа, внимание к деталям и совместное достижение желаемого результата. Дизайнеры в салоне «Денье» подробно расскажут обо всех услугах и условиях сотрудничества. Предложат несколько вариантов пошива штор, портьер и любого другого необходимого текстиля для интерьера, дадут советы по выбору гардин, карнизов или жалюзи. http://denie-decor.ru

#3 OFFLINE   DnaAngel

DnaAngel

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • My Cruze's Year:2017
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Chevy Cruze LT
  • Interests:making money

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

I've had similar issues myself. I've noticed since I bought it(Used @ 12k miles), it has this slight surging effect @ around 2.5-3k RPM when accelerating from a dead stop. For a while, I thought It was the turbo kicking in and just ignored it. Then this past Christmas holiday, I took the car on a 1500 mile road trip to see family....

All was fine till I stopped at the first stop, a rest area about 5 or so hours into the trip. I noticed when I stopped and put the car into park it made this electronic grinding sound underneath the car. As I was leaving the rest area and merging back on the highway I went to give the car gas to get up to highway speed prior to merging (got onto it kinda hard) and the car slipped out of gear and revved as though it was in neutral. Let off the throttle and it went back in gear and was fine till I exited the highway at my destinations exit 5 more hours later. I noticed the "surging" issue was even worse accelerating after each red light. The return drive back home after was uneventful and seemed fine again until I was in the last 30 mins of my 10-hour total drive back. I went to pass a truck and got on it to pass and the transmission dropped WAY too far down the gear range, it was as though I had a manual and slammed it into 2nd at 65MPH. It scared the S*%T out of me and I immediately got off the throttle and got back behind the truck. Was fine the rest of the way home. 

Ever since then I notice every hard/hesitant shift and I am constantly wondering if there is really something wrong or was it just the computer trying to overcompensate. Not sure if I should get it flushed or what. Bought it used @12k miles from a dealership. It now has just shy of 16k miles. Other than the wonky transmission. I am pleased with the car for the most part. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·