Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Car won't start plus other issues...neg. battery cable?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nola504

Nola504

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • My Cruze's Year:2015
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • Interests:Astrology, film, animals

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:01 AM

Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well. I am the owner of a 2015 Cruze LS with 89,000 miles.

I pulled up home and a call came through.I turned off the ignition and answered the call over Bluetooth. A few minutes into the call, the call would cut off and the radio would begin playing, then it would go back to the call and rinse and repeat. I took the call off Bluetooth. I then attempted to wind the windows up, but they wouldn't go up. I turned the key too the on position and the windows began to wind up. I thought that to be odd and wondered if it could've been a possible battery issue. I went to turn the car on and it wouldn't start. It gave off very quick and faint clicking noises. The dash lights were bright, the radio working, and my onstar buttons all lit like normal.

I let the car sit in the on position for about five minutes, then several messages came across the dash including: service traction control, service StabiliTrak, low brake fluid, battery saver active, service steering, etc. At this point I turned the car off completely and let it sit for about 15 minutes. I attempted to start it again and the clicking noises grew even more faint and slower. But then, very time I tried to start the car, the radio would go black. I'd take the key out and the radio would play like normal.

I figured I'd leave it and go look up info online. I got out and pressed the lock button on the remote, but no horn sound happened. Instead, the parking sensor and brake lights began flashing and wouldn't stop. I went back into the car and tried to turn it off, but my key became stuck in the ignition. I turned the inside lights on and they were very dull. My hazard light button constantly flashed along with the outside parking sensor lights. I managed to get the key out by the release in the hole, but the lights were still flashing.

I looked up known issues and found that it could possibly be the negative battery cable, I saw that GM issued a special coverage to fix this issue for some 2011-2015 models; however, my warranty tracker only shows special coverage 38170. The problems I'm having seem to be too closely related to the negative battery cable, and I really don't think it's right that my 2015 Cruze wouldn't qualify to have a repair covered through this special coverage. I'm only on a limited powertrain warranty. Do these issues seem as if it could be this negative battery cable?

Thank you for reading!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·