Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Heat starts blowing cold when sitting or at idle when its below 20 degrees

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   forgotten

forgotten

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze's Year:2017
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:A Cruze
  • Interests:n/a

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

Just throwing this out to see if anyone else is having this issue.

I have a 2017 Cruze RS.

When its cold, usually below 20 degrees Fahrenheit, I will get it to operating temp. Its blowing good heat from the vents, gets nice and warm inside. However if I have to stop for lights or maybe sitting in a parking lot, the heat will go cold. Then as soon as you start moving again the heat comes back, like its magic.....but its not, not really. Anyway, I have taken it many times to the dealerships last year and again this year where as they tell me there is nothing wrong and cannot fix it, or one recognized the issue but refused to write it up as an issue, then told me to make a trouble ticket with Chevrolet. That was a joke......nothing more than a satisfaction survey is what it turned out to be, which I told them I was completely unsatisfied. 

One of the dealerships told me that it was the heater core and was designed to small and that I should turn the blower motor down......are you kidding me? I shouldnt have to to do that. However I even tried that and that doesnt work.

I told them my opinion and that there wasnt sufficient flow through the heater core to keep the heat up at idle. 

Tried attaching the video, I put on youtube, but it might be to big of an attachment. Its under "Cold weather issues with 2017 Chevrolet Cruze".

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   grs1961

grs1961

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Region:Australia and Oceania
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Holden JG Cruze CD Diesel
  • Interests:.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:56 AM

The 1.4l engine behaves like this because the it is extremely thermally efficient, it just doesn't generate as much waste heat as older, less efficient engines.

About he only thing you can do is whack the fan speed down when you come to a halt, and then put it up again when you move off.

168124.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·