Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Manual Cruze surging with stabilitrack and ABS lights

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   katielthorpe

katielthorpe

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Cruze's Year:2013
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Manual Cruze
  • Interests:traveling

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:57 AM

My fiance and I purchase a certified used 2013 Chevy Cruze (manual) about 2 years ago. Car was working great up until a couple months ago when it started having some problems. The car will have no problems starting up and will drive fine but then has spurts when it will surge. When this happens we put the car into neutral and let it rev up. It had gotten up to the 7 (in the red) but seems to stop there then goes back to normal. It will only do this for a matter of seconds but it is happening more often. Usually, but not always after it surges we have the notification come on the screen for "stabiliTrack," "service control," and the ABS light comes on. All of these go away and shut off after about a minute. We have replaced the accelerator pedal as well as two solenoids as we read those could be the problem. However, like I said earlier, the surging problem is happening more and more recently. I am not sure if this is true, but it almost seems like the surging happens more when the car is "cold." Does anyone have any insight or suggestions? The surging is very scary. Luckily since we have a manual we are able to put it into neutral otherwise we would have gotten into a lot of accidents by now.  Thanks in advance! 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·