Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

n love with the GM, I fell in

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   douhua2233

douhua2233

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • My Cruze's Year:2008
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:Mercedes-Benz
  • Interests:http://www.cincinnatibengalsteamonline.com

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:14 AM

1. The Indianapolis Colts finally made a splashy signing Monday night.

It should make Andrew Luck happy Ben Gamel Seattle Mariners Jersey , too.

After adding only one player in the first five days of free agency, the Colts agreed to a deal with former Detroit Lions tight end Eric Ebron. Contract terms were not immediately available.

”I fell in love with the coaching staff. I fell in love with the GM, I fell in love with the staff and that’s kind of what pushed the envelope for me to want to be here,” Ebron told local reporters on a conference call. ”I really felt a lot of love and was shown a lot of support for my game, my family, the things I wanted to accomplish and at the end of the day, my goals.”

It’s a chance for Ebron to start over.

The Lions drafted the highest-rated tight end in 2014 in the first round but Ebron never quite lived up to the hype.

In four seasons Jeremiah Attaochu Color Rush Jersey , he had 186 receptions, 2,070 yards and 11 TDs in 56 career games. He didn’t appear in all 16 games until last season when he caught 53 passes for 574 yards and four touchdowns.

Even worse, he developed a reputation for dropping passes – a problem Ebron said stemmed from a lack of mental focus and a problem he plans to fix next season.

Ultimately, that was enough for Detroit to cut ties with Ebron last week.

The Colts, however, thought enough of Ebron’s potential to give him another shot. He is expected to be paired with Jack Doyle http://www.packersau...on-moore-jersey , who made his first Pro Bowl last season, and Erik Swoope, a former college basketball player who had moved to No. 2 on the Colts’ depth chart.

”It’s a fresh start, it’s a whole new ordeal, it’s a whole new world really that you’re stepping into,” Ebron said. ”It’s definitely something to look forward to. Obviously, you get to play the game that you love for another season. You just have to enjoy it.”

Ebron joins Denico Autry Ryan McMahon Colorado Rockies Jersey , a backup defensive lineman with the Raiders last season, as Indy’s only free-agent additions so far.

It’s not likely to be the last move made by general manager Chris Ballard, who has long espoused he prefers to draft and develop players rather than overspending in free agency.

Autry and Ebron both appear to fit the blueprint.

But Ballard did make a lot of noise Saturday with a trade that sent the No. 3 overall pick in next month’s draft to the New York Jets, who will presumably take a quarterback. In exchange the Colts got the No. 6 overall pick, two second-round picks this year and the Jets’ second-round pick in 2019.

The move gives Indy four picks in the top 50 this year and three picks in the first two rounds next year – all of which made Indianapolis an even better choice in Ebron’s mind.

”Growing up, I’ve never really been a fan of things that are already great because then what’s the point of really joining it?” Ebron said. ”I’ve always been a fan of trying to make something better, and I feel like I can do that with my talent and my abilities here. I feel like with Andrew Luck coming back and playing along with Jack Jessie Bates III Color Rush Jersey , I feel like we can create something that most teams would want.”

NEW YORK GIANTS (3-13)

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: OL Justin Pugh; C Weston Richburg; G D.J. Fluker; RBs Orleans Darkwa and Shane Vereen; QB Geno Smith; WR Tavarres King; DT Jay Bromley; DE Kerry Wynn; LBs Keenan Robinson, Jonathan Casillas, Devon Kennard, Kelvin Sheppard, Mark Herzlich Akeem Ayers and Deontae Skinner; S Nat Berhe; CB Darryl Morris.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: C Brett Jones.

NEEDS: Name it and Giants probably need it. Biggest void remains offensive line, especially if they lose Pugh. Standout running back, quarterback of future Terrelle Pryor Sr. Color Rush Jersey , another safety to play with Landon Collins, linebackers who can cover running backs, placekicker and even punter are needs. That’s what happens when you win three games and fire coach and leave new coach Pat Shurmur with little. Good news is No. 2 draft pick should fill one of those needs. Would be interesting how Shurmur and Eli Manning get along, especially if new general manager Dave Gettleman takes QB heir apparent. Giants have potential to be explosive offense if WR Odell Backham Jr. shows no lingering effects from broken ankle; couple him with tight end Evan Engram and WR Sterling Shepard. With former Cardinals defensive coordinator James Bettcher taking over same role, how will he try to incorporate some 3-4 fronts. Giants don’t have fast linebackers, although they picked up Alec Ogletree from Rams.

AVAILABLE SALARY CAP SPACE (approximately): $24 million.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·