Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel Consumption Saga

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

I'm really thinking to take the car to Austria :D, it is not so far Vienna is around 410 km from here.
I talked with my friend, and he said cars like fiat, also have a lot's of problems with pressure sensor, someone changed it for 5 times and still is the same.

How they solved your problem? What they did?

what pressure sensor are you guys talking about?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   richmond2000

richmond2000

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:57 AM

what pressure sensor are you guys talking about?

I know on Cummins in Heavy trucks there is an issue with the DPF assy cracking internally and causing PSI sensor issues and constant reburns AND Cummins took Months to find it

#43 OFFLINE   Tear

Tear

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:24 AM

Diesel, there are usually 3 sensors in our type of DPF. The first is a soot sensor, the second is a temperature sensor and the third, a differential pressure sensor. Bosch seem to explain it better than most here:- http://rb-kwin.bosch...latefilter.html

#44 OFFLINE   t.b.brady

t.b.brady

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:35 AM

well so far so good since getting the first oil change @7500km (and changing to Castrol Edge 0W-40 fully synthetic), with out trying to be gentle, fuel economy has improved quiet allot so far, hopefully continues though out the tank and into the future.

Edited by t.b.brady, 06 April 2011 - 04:35 AM.

Posted Image

#45 OFFLINE   pradogxlv6

pradogxlv6

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

First fill up, over 637km averaged 6.6L/100km.

Just had first DPF clean at 680 km.

Edited by pradogxlv6, 02 May 2011 - 08:04 PM.

2010 Cruze CDX
2.0 Turbo Diesel
5 Speed Manual

Posted Image

#46 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

First fill up, over 637km averaged 6.6L/100km.

Just had first DPF clean at 680 km.

You get over 900km with a tank, I drove from Camden to Wagga and back, over 900km on one tank, average consumption just over 6L/100km.
Yes, first DPF burn soon in the beginning, then normally every 2000km and again soon after each scheduled service because they reset the system.

#47 OFFLINE   pradogxlv6

pradogxlv6

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:41 AM

Wifey drove 342km trip today with 2 adults and 3 kids in the cruze.

• Average speed - 69.5 kph
  • Trip distance - 342 km
  • Km till refuel - 585 km
  • Average fuel burn - 5.8 L/100km

Not bad and only just done 1000 odd km on the car and engine, very very impressed with such a tight diesel engine.

Edited by pradogxlv6, 08 May 2011 - 03:43 AM.

2010 Cruze CDX
2.0 Turbo Diesel
5 Speed Manual

Posted Image

#48 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:24 AM

I did some fuel consumption experiments while driving from Bowral to Camden, a very slight downhill but gave me some idea how economical the diesel can be if really try. Driving behind a truck getting a "tow" at 105km/h gave me 3L/100km (78mpg US, 94mpg GB), not behind a truck at 110km/h but allow speed to drop going uphill and then change to 5th when speed dropped to abt 90. That gave me 4L/100km (58mgp US, 70mpg GB). Using cruise control will increase fuel consumption slightly because it does not back off going up hill. the key is to keep engine revs at 1200-1300rpm and keep eye on the instant consumption figure and back off the accelerator when it creeps over 6L/100.

#49 OFFLINE   _628

_628

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

Anything I do car use around 7 l/100 km (diesel 150 HP)

#50 OFFLINE   rover

rover

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:travel

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Anything I do car use around 7 l/100 km (diesel 150 HP)

same I get 26 mpg auto diesel 150 bhp disappointing

#51 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

same I get 26 mpg auto diesel 150 bhp disappointing

Something is seriously wrong with your cars, make specific measures on a stretch of flat road, say 100km. drive at steady motorway speed, (not city or suburbs). fill to the top before and after at the same garage, same pump. if you have a GPS use that to measure the distance you have traveled. take note of litres you used or gallons. calculate fuel consumption. this will eliminate computer error, some people have reported different readings to real calculated figures. if you have a consumption problem, take the car back to dealer. also note that US and GB mpg figures are different because gallos are not same (you mpg guys should move to metric system) :P
you should get at least 700km from a full tank of diesel.

#52 OFFLINE   rover

rover

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

Something is seriously wrong with your cars, make specific measures on a stretch of flat road, say 100km. drive at steady motorway speed, (not city or suburbs). fill to the top before and after at the same garage, same pump. if you have a GPS use that to measure the distance you have traveled. take note of litres you used or gallons. calculate fuel consumption. this will eliminate computer error, some people have reported different readings to real calculated figures. if you have a consumption problem, take the car back to dealer. also note that US and GB mpg figures are different because gallos are not same (you mpg guys should move to metric system) :P
you should get at least 700km from a full tank of diesel.

#53 OFFLINE   rover

rover

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:31 AM

In the UK most want to get out of the corrupt EU and to retain imperial measurements,get back Gallons for Diesel & Petrol & retain ,pints for Beer. On a long run say 20 miles the display will show 44 mpg but over a tankful of mixed motoring the average invariably comes down to 26 mpg. I wonder if the new 163 Diesel will be any better ?

#54 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

I hear so many complaining about the EU, I am just awaiting for Germany to say that they have had enough of supporting the rest of the EU members and that will be the end of Brussels as we know it. I think metric system is still better than the old imperial system including 24 hour clock instead of AM/PM. Australia moved to metric system 30 years ago but many people still talk about pounds, inches and feet. It will take 2-4 generations to change, i bet.
Back to consumption figures, I use the torque of the engine rather than revs, reduces the fuel consumption a lot. Whenever people used to drive a petrol engine drive my car, they increase my average by 20%. I rarely use more than 3000rpms, although I have an automatic, I use manual shifting to avoid revs.

Edited by diesel, 01 August 2011 - 01:15 AM.

#55 OFFLINE   _628

_628

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

Regardint to the usage, I always write the numbers by calcualating. I checked the sprintmonitor and I put 150 HP diesel cars, from 2009-10, and the average fuel comsuption is around 7 l/100 km.
My last was 6,5 l/100 km. (stupid BC said 5,8 ) :dogwalk:

# Diesel: I always go above 700 km, usually above 800. Last time I filled at 852 km, but I can put only 56,33 liter of diesel

Edited by _628, 01 August 2011 - 07:49 AM.

#56 OFFLINE   Paul(B)

Paul(B)

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:36 AM

my fuel consumption 2.0 diesel is 6,2 l/100 km but driving like my grandma, rather optimistic BC says 5,8. I'm sure fuel consumption can easily go to 8 or 8,5 with "normal", more active driving. A little to much for a modern car / engine ... bis it isn't a modern engine! we all know that. bye. P.

#57 OFFLINE   ljuba011

ljuba011

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:52 AM

Mine average fuel consumption is 7.0 lit per 100km. It is Diesel LS+ 125HP measured for total of 8000km driven. Mostly urban.

Normal driving, revs up to 3000 rpm maximum, usually shifting in higher gear around 2000 if engine is cold or around 2200-2500 when it comes to normal temperature
LS+ VCDI 2.0 125HP

#58 OFFLINE   SrdjanM

SrdjanM

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

Mine average fuel consumption is 7.0 lit per 100km. It is Diesel LS+ 125HP measured for total of 8000km driven. Mostly urban.

Normal driving, revs up to 3000 rpm maximum, usually shifting in higher gear around 2000 if engine is cold or around 2200-2500 when it comes to normal temperature

Greetings from Niš.

Posted Image

#59 OFFLINE   ljuba011

ljuba011

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

Greetings from Niš.

Posted Image

Your average could not be possible for 16000 km written on your board. Consumption of 4.3 lit/100km could only be achieved over 1 measured trip. Am I right, or you have combined electric/diesel engine :read: ? Do you know average for total mileage you have driven?
LS+ VCDI 2.0 125HP

#60 OFFLINE   SrdjanM

SrdjanM

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

Your average could not be possible for 16000 km written on your board. Consumption of 4.3 lit/100km could only be achieved over 1 measured trip. Am I right, or you have combined electric/diesel engine :read: ? Do you know average for total mileage you have driven?

It was a two weeks ago. Now it is over 18000km. You are right it was average consumption on 60km trip from Blace to Niš. I know average for first 10000km because I had some work to do in Travnik BIH (600km from Niš) and travelled every week there and I had to give all bills to get money for fuel. It was about 5.8l/100km not by BC but calculated from bills. Route was Niš-BG-highway to Zagreb (420 km of highway) then Bosanski Šamac and about 180km or more accross bad rouds of Bosnia.

I spent this weekend in Greece and Macedonia. As you saw tank was empty, I travelled 1200km with AC on all the time, 5 persons and full car with a lot of things from shopping. 75l of fuel and still not on reserve, 120km more on boadr comp. 6.1l/100 is average consumption by BC. It is not good average but I spent more than hour on Macedonian border and engine was on because it was too hot and aircondition had to work. I traveled accros northern Greece and it was awful because they had trafic lignts on almost every 500m. Then I crossed mountines and went to Ohrid. It was so crowded from Ohrid to Skopje that I coudnt change from 3rd gear to 4th. It was really hard for driving, but when I get highway I was driving more than 170km/h. And I had DPF cleaning during trip.

Average consumption from Niš to Belgrade and back, three weeks ago was even worse. 7.4l/100km with AC :wacko: but average speed by GPS was 172km/h and max was 205km/h and I spent something about hour and half on highway in one direction.

Edited by SrdjanM, 14 August 2011 - 07:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·