Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rattling Noise from the rear

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Farmington

Farmington

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cruze LT

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

Amber,
So when GM hasn't repaired any of these noise issues, you must resort to threatening losing warranty coverage for attempting to fix something that GM has decided that they won't fix? Shame on you and shame on GM. Haven't you learned anything with the Cobalt ignition switch over up?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Farmington

Farmington

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cruze LT

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

Amber,
So when GM hasn't repaired any of these noise issues, you must resort to threatening losing warranty coverage for attempting to fix something that GM has decided that they won't fix? Shame on you and shame on GM. Haven't you learned anything with the Cobalt ignition switch over up?
  • mick15 likes this

#23 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:40 AM

We must recognise by now that the original shocks are cheap and not high quality, they are finished at 25 thousand km in normal driving. I have all shocks rattling and knocking but I am not going to spend any money on the car, I am looking at selling it. I do not enjoy driving it any more, the suspension is noisy and now too sloppy and not handle well any more, I have driven 46 thousand km. Also the automatic gearbox is so slow and confused that it frustrates me every time i drive it, so it stays in the garage and i drive my other car for now. 

I am be surprised if good quality after market shocks avoid the warranty. 

• mick15 likes this

#24 OFFLINE   grs1961

grs1961

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:Australia and Oceania
  • Current Vehicle:Holden JG Cruze CD Diesel
  • Interests:.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

Huh?  My dampers are fine, and I'm at 74000 km, I've always considered the roads in NSW and Victoria to be equally bad, so I'm surprised at this.

And yes, replacing the dampers and springs is very unlikely to void the warranty.

• mick15 likes this

168124.png

#25 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

They are still functioning grs1961 but not what they were when new, the rear is swinging restlessly in corners with humps or bumps. Also they started to make clonking noise about 24 thousand, meaning that the top bearings were damaged, the local dealer fixed it but it lasted only six months and they are noisy again. 

I am thinking of selling the cruze and buy a used Astra, Mercedes or Volvo with that money. I should have done that in the first place...for $20 thousand I can get a quality luxury used car that will always be better than a cruze. 

Just last week the dashboard started to rattle, I gave it a slap and it has gone quiet but that is what the future will be like, clonks, squeaks, rattles and slaps... and that infuriatingly useless auto gearbox. 

My daughter is thinking of selling her 2006 astra turbo, manual. I just need to convince my dear wife to make the move. BTW, that astra has the original suspension and after 140tkm, they are still good. 

You made the right choice grs1961, got a manual gearbox. If i had a manual I probably would hang onto my Cruze. They do not sell manuals any more, all new models are autos.

Edited by diesel, 21 March 2014 - 04:15 PM.

• mick15 likes this

#26 OFFLINE   grs1961

grs1961

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:Australia and Oceania
  • Current Vehicle:Holden JG Cruze CD Diesel
  • Interests:.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

I doubt I will buy another GM car after they pull out of Oz - nor would I buy an Astra, I had one, it is a nice car but ridiculously expensive to maintain.

Maybe next time I'll buy an old Merc or Volvo, when I got the Cruze I was actually looking for a Merc.

• mick15 likes this

168124.png

#27 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Our family has had three astras, yes maybe a bit expensive but I also have a v6 Vectra and that is maybe even more expensive to repair but still. Parts are cheap in europe and there are ways to get them here cheap if you are willing to wait. 

• mick15 likes this

#28 OFFLINE   polonez

polonez

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 150ps

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

i have also rear supsension noise, sometimes in roads with bumps, i drive last year a cruze in USA and i think the rear supension was really better than european version. i dont know if the problem is rear shock absorbers or the bad noise insulation that u have in the korean made cruze.

I did some research and i saw USA cruze have not the same rear shock absorber part number than european version .

#29 OFFLINE   Kyle Hoskins

Kyle Hoskins

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

My mechanic gave up quickly when he found a technical service bulletin saying GM is completely baffled by it.
Technical Service Bulletin

#30 OFFLINE   Cruzing Jim

Cruzing Jim

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Cruze's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Cruze
  • Interests:Travel

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

Don't know how your shocks could fail that soon.  I'm in metro Detroit, which has post WWII roads and mine are fine.  Sears used to offer FREE labor when replacing shocks when they go non sale, but I am not not sure if they still do.  

• mick15 likes this

#31 OFFLINE   johnnytherock

johnnytherock

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • My Cruze's Year:2011
  • Current Vehicle:cruze
  • Interests:fishing

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:00 PM

pull off the right wheel well carpet in the trunk.  underneath attached to the wheel well is an electronic module, (not sure what it is for) that is suppose to be held in place by a steel tab that bends down.  mine was dangling from wiring harness, holding tab was never bent to hold.  i put it in place, bent tab to hold it there and voila, noise finally gone after so much damn looking.  

• mick15 and grs1961 like this

#32 OFFLINE   wlatour

wlatour

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • My Cruze's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy Cruze Eco
  • Interests:Great gas millage.

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:07 AM

My 2015 Chevy Cruze Eco was the same way. Went to dealer 4 times for noisy sounds on the front and read. I have 18,000 miles on it and it just did not sound right. Dealer was never able to find noise. That was a waste of time. Last week I took a 2016 Cruze for a test drive which had 350 miles on it and guess what the same noise. It's the nature of the car and you get what you pay for. Good on gas but it's not a Cadillac.

:(

• mick15 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·