Custom Search

Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Chevrolet Cruze forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .more!
Click here to signup now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

First Aid Kit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ROZ

ROZ

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

Narh !

Is it problem with my dealer or is it everywhere. My cruze first aid kit bag is damn big, inside you can find medical treatment things then fire ext.bottle and finally chocks.
This bag :) is so huge, it makes me laugh and main problem is that it gets always to my way when im putting things to trunk. Maybe GM can make some extra space under the trunk floor or make some casket to the trunk wall.

ROZ.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:23 AM

Narh !

Is it problem with my dealer or is it everywhere. My cruze first aid kit bag is damn big, inside you can find medical treatment things then fire ext.bottle and finally chocks.
This bag :) is so huge, it makes me laugh and main problem is that it gets always to my way when im putting things to trunk. Maybe GM can make some extra space under the trunk floor or make some casket to the trunk wall.

ROZ.

Why would they make a specific place for the first aid bag? it costs money to design that, I am surprised that you were supplied one, I was not.
Eat the chocks...

#3 OFFLINE   t.b.brady

t.b.brady

New Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

I would remove it! just this week for shits and giggles, I removed the spare tire and the jack wheel spanners ect. and replaced with can of tire sealer and a 12v compressor. its amazing how different the car feels with out all the dead weight in the boot.

will all go back in after I drive around for a week or 3.
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   diesel

diesel

Cruze Fanatic

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • My Cruze: mycruze
  • Current Vehicle:opel
  • Interests:cars

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:53 AM

I would remove it! just this week for shits and giggles, I removed the spare tire and the jack wheel spanners ect. and replaced with can of tire sealer and a 12v compressor. its amazing how different the car feels with out all the dead weight in the boot.

will all go back in after I drive around for a week or 3.

I have been driving my Vectra for 3 years like that. the car is more responsive and goes better when the tank is almost empty, that is close to 100kg less weight compared to carrying a spare and full tank of fuel.

#5 OFFLINE   Tear

Tear

Cruze Member

• Cruze Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

We have to carry a First Aid Kit at all times and we can be fined if we don't have one. We also have to carry a reflective warning vest! It's even worse if you have to trek across Europe as every country has different regulations. In the Czech Republic I have to take a reflective warning vest for every passenger in the car. I need a full set of replacement bulbs driving in Slovakia and I mustn't forget to drive with my headlamps on during the daytime in Hungary and the Czech Republic. In Slovakia I must only drive with my headlights on during the Winter months. Worst of all, if you are over the age of 60, you must have a recent certificate of good health signed by a doctor when travelling in the Czech Republic.

As for spare tyres, a lot of manufacturers here have the spare tyre listed as a chargeable extra! Opel started it with VW coming a close second. VW used to supply a very narrow emergency spare wheel to enable you to get to the repair shop, but there was some problem with these. The daft thing about the Cruze spare is that it is a "steel" wheel and not alloy which is fitted to the car - doesn't make a lot of sense!

#6 OFFLINE   jirehn

jirehn

Cruze Addict

• Cruze Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

Maybe if it is huge,I will remove it and I will replace it small one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·